Skip to main content
Topic: 1986 Turbo Coupe for sale in California (Read 897 times) previous topic - next topic

1986 Turbo Coupe for sale in California

Well boys and girls the time has come!  I love this car!  I've owned her for 7 years now it's time to let her go.  I've got 10 cars sitting in front of my house and I need to thin the herd!

1986 TC in awesome condition!  201,000, 5-spd and everything works....even the factory alarm system!  When I bought it in 2006 I drove it for 2 weeks then took it off the road for 2 months and fixed every issue it had.  I kept records of everything I did to it.  Off the top of my head......relocated  and new TFI, CAI with K&N filter, '88 hood hinges so you don't need a prop rod, 17" Cobras all around, new shocks and struts, Stewart Warner boost and A/F gauges in the pillar pod, aftermarket gauges in the dash, Pioneer stereo system, ported E6, recently installed oil seals, new Dynomax er, new catalytic converter, new Goodyears on the front, lots of stuff!

When I bought it the previous owner had just clear coated the car.  No dents or dings, interior is an 8 out of 10.  The dash is in perfect condition.  Included is a California Car Cover Company car cover.  Car is smogged and registered with a clear title.  Runs awesomely and is without a doubt the most dependable car I've ever owned!  On long trips I pull 28-30 mpg, around town it's a consistent 20-23.

Now the bad (if you wanna call it that).  Some rock and paint chips on the front bumper, The E6 has the standard crack between the #3 & #4 runners, 2 small tears in the drivers seat where the seams are starting to come apart, some curb rash on the Cobras and it needs 2 rear tires.

This TC is extremely dependable, looks great, it scoots, and costs nothing to drive, register or insure.  My loss, your gain!
$2700.

Reply #1
Ooh, nice. Unfortunately you and I are about as far apart as two people can get on this continent. Some day I'll make the trip south and west for a rust free four-eye...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Man I'd love to have this car!! If only I could convince the wife of that while working on getting our new home built.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #3
Did this thing ever sell?
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Reply #4
Idk how I missed that one
Clean TC

Reply #5
Nope, I still have it.  Completely forgot I listed it on this site!

Reply #6
too many miles, and too little money, otherwise i would own that car now.:disappoin
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

yeah though i drive through the valley of rice

i shall fear no turbo for torque art with me

thy rod and thy piston they comfort me

Reply #7
Did you ever sell this car?

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd