Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 40459 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: BlueBird

Reply #300
The Bird looks great. Should be a fun driver.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #301
Sounds like it's time to locate yo'self a Coyote and be a bigger dick. :rollin: :ford: :bowdown:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #302
Sounds like it's time to locate yo'self a Coyote and be a bigger dick. :rollin: :ford: :bowdown:

I daily drive a 2018 Mustang GT. I don't really need another Coyote car.

Not to mention, those  swaps are expensive as hell.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #303
Maybe a year or two ago, Gumby and I were discussing builds and swaps that would be cool. I have access to a Mark VIII, so my "what if" build was to swap a DOHC 4.6L with a manual, and do the MM TA/PHB setup, 3 piece wheels and so on.
Pretty sure that conversation was considerably longer than a couple years ago. I recall telling you to go for it, as I wanted nothing to do with a modular swap at that point, and I was still enamored with the IRS. Definitely already had these wheels at least....Funny how things change.

IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3109.JPG

I am calling this mock-up complete. There was some clearancing necessary to the seat bracing under the floor pan, and a bit of tender massaging to the tunnel/floorpan area. Looking pretty good from my vantage. Next up, I need to grab a couple feet of 2x2x0.125" angle to construct brackets for the T/A crossmember, and then paint all this bare steel under the car.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #304
How much ground clearance are you going to have for that torque arm? Looks pretty low.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #305
Since it is fixed to the axle, ground clearance is directly determined by tire size.  :dunno:

Reply #306
Yeah, so pretty low. 

Looks good. Should be fun!

Reply #307
Have over 10,000 miles on my Coupe with the MM TA and zero issues. Running 275/40R17 Nitto 555R’s in the rear now and used to run 245/40R17 Dunlop Dirreza’s on the past.  The clearance Issue I have is the stock air dam with the car so low.

Killer project man!!!

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #308
Looks awesome.

Still using the stock steel driveshaft I see.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #309
It is actually a TC shaft(larger u-joints) with a 31T slip yoke. The aluminum Mustang one I have here is a touch too short still.

Reply #310
Bonus content! My son had a doc appt this morning which took longer than expected and I decided it wasn't worth driving into work afterwards. I will be a much higher functioning human tomorrow after a mental health day, so I locked myself in the garage, cranked up the stereo, and ignored the outside world.

T/A cross member brackets. Before, and after some metallic origami. After, pictured with gusseted doublers, ready to be assembled.
IMG_3111.JPG

And welded, ready for installation
IMG_3112.JPG

Reply #311
Man, I love when I get those rare days.

Those brackets look good. Great execution.!

Can you make a swan next?  :toothless:

Reply #312
I would like to utilize your services please.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #313
Those brackets are really nice. Sweet.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #314
Baby step

66F1A2DE-D832-40BD-9610-96FB292C0FAC.jpeg