Skip to main content
Topic: Maybe its just me (Read 2426 times) previous topic - next topic

Maybe its just me

Are the scrolling signatures annoying to anyone else?

Reading down through a thread and BANG, you hit the scrolling sig. Keep rolling the wheel and power through it. :shakeass:
Mike

Maybe its just me

Reply #1
Not just you ;)
Fox-less at the moment

Maybe its just me

Reply #2
yeah.. it's a bit annoying, but some signitures are long so it's a bit of a good thing

Maybe its just me

Reply #3
Quote from: mcb82gt;338537
are the scrolling signatures annoying to anyone else?

Reading down through a thread and bang, you hit the scrolling sig. Keep rolling the wheel and power through it. :shakeass:

+1
...and there was light!

Maybe its just me

Reply #4
I suppose I could ban sigs entirely...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Maybe its just me

Reply #5
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;338584
I suppose I could ban sigs entirely...

Don't get carried away  ,, we said annoying not unbearable :rollin:
Fox-less at the moment

Maybe its just me

Reply #6
They only scroll when they are taller than 200 pixels high.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Maybe its just me

Reply #7
Unlike most message boards, we like people to express their individuality here. The problem is that some people like to do this signature-takeover thing to dominate a page. Then the admins have to step in and try to control that for everyone's viewing sanity. So the next step is to ban all sigs, or simply allow text sigs.

Just sayin'.

Maybe its just me

Reply #8
Or anyone that has a sig that is large enough to require its own scroll bar, could be nice enough to just shorten it on their own without any of the admins having to say a word.

:D
...and there was light!

Maybe its just me

Reply #9
Quote from: T-BirdX3;338596
Or anyone that has a sig that is large enough to require its own scroll bar, could be nice enough to just shorten it on their own without any of the admins having to say a word.

:D

PFFFFFFT lol

Maybe its just me

Reply #10
There should be a way to limit it to the 200 pixel height, or it won't show up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Maybe its just me

Reply #11
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;338615
PFFFFFFT lol

You could shorten yours to not scroll just by putting all your vehicles (in red) on the same line.  Easy enough.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Maybe its just me

Reply #12
Quote from: daminc;338628
There should be a way to limit it to the 200 pixel height, or it won't show up

That's what I thought too. Just set a fixed limit to overall height. If it runs over, it's just cropped. I mean really, who takes the time to scroll down through somebody's long-ass sig to read it? If I only see the top few lines, that's all I see.

PS- Using the scroll wheel only catches on the sigs if the cursor is over them. Just move your mouse to one side or the other and the wheel will only scroll the main page.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Maybe its just me

Reply #13
all i ever do with the scroll wheel is push down on it.. then when you move the mouse up or down, the page scrolls

Maybe its just me

Reply #14
Quote from: CoogarXR;338695
PS- Using the scroll wheel only catches on the sigs if the cursor is over them. Just move your mouse to one side or the other and the wheel will only scroll the main page.

Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;338704
all i ever do with the scroll wheel is push down on it.. then when you move the mouse up or down, the page scrolls

Both good ideas if not using a laptop  :hick:
Fox-less at the moment