Skip to main content
Topic: 2002 focus zx5 (Read 805 times) previous topic - next topic

2002 focus zx5

Well its been too much time im trying to locate a daily driver thats worth it and i think i finally found a good deal  its a focus zx5 2002 with 79 000 miles on it looks clean its located at a hyundai dealer and im going to check it out tomorrow

From the reviews ive read its a pretty good and reliable car but i was wondering if any of you guys had anything to say about those cars and what to check when buying one except all the general things to look when buying any used car

thanx guys

heres the link for you to see http://www.hyundailongueuil.com/frontend/auto-occasion.php?id=4464368

2002 focus zx5

Reply #1
where did you read your reviews about this car from?
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/ford/focus/

my mother traded in thier minivan for a sedan one in '03 and the transmission went on it in two days, that only had 4500 miles on it. they got the van back.
my former bosses wife had one too, had 2.0 splitport that literally split in half with less than 20k on it. ford refused to fix it even though it had all service records and she isnt a racecar driver or car illiterate(knows how to check the oil and stuff).
she parked it infront of the dealship with a sign and dospoogeents stating what happened for a month before the dealership stepped up and bought it back.

i never had one so i cant say anything about them :rolleyes:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

2002 focus zx5

Reply #2
the to-be wife had a '05 zx4,she had 120k on it when we traded it in last year.no major problems or issues with it.
'85 tbird base 3.8 auto full power on the interior.
to do list- motor rebuild, swap in disc's for the rear and???????????:birdsmily:

2002 focus zx5

Reply #3
i got the reviews from edmunds.com

2002 focus zx5

Reply #4
thanx blue bird

2002 focus zx5

Reply #5
friend has a 01 z something or another. I know its the DOHC. Motor mounts have gone out, fuel pump twice. Other then that, no real problems. Put about 70,000 miles on it in about 4 years.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

2002 focus zx5

Reply #6
A report through Ford's OASIS database couldn't hurt for the warranty claims. PM me the VIN. I have access.

My mom has a 2006 ZX4 SES. Only major thing that we had to do was fix a leak at the front of the transmission.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

2002 focus zx5

Reply #7
Thanx Roy but ill pass unfortunately the car got sold, it's the 2nd time this happens

2002 focus zx5

Reply #8
No biggie. If something else comes up, let me know. I can run report if the vehicle is under 10 years of age. Anything over that will only show open recalls.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

2002 focus zx5

Reply #9
thanx alot Roy i apreciate it