Skip to main content
Topic: Back from the dead (Read 1185 times) previous topic - next topic

Back from the dead

Hi everybody!

I was a member a looooong time ago of the message board that was here before this one. I doubt anybody remembers me, and I don't blame you for not. ;)

Here's a few pictures of my 87 Cougar XR-7, circa 1999-2002:

My grille is also featured on Cool Cats. :)

That picture was taken after my wife and a deer got together and re-arranged the front end of the Cougar for me. I got it pulled out to resemble it's original shape, but it still wasn't pretty.

After getting something new to drive I gifted the car to my brother when he turned 16, thinking it would be a great home for the Cougar to be well taken care of and a good first car for him. That was 6 years ago now and he still doesn't have his driver's license, so that was a waste of time.

I'm back in possession of the car now and it's a mess after sitting for so long, but I want to bring it back to life. I took up autocross 2 seasons ago, and I still think the Cougar would make a nice project car. I'm not sure how I'm going to go about it, that'll depend on what issues come up as I'm going through the car.

Since moving on from the Cougar the first time I have remained a car enthusiast, and along with the Cougar I currently own:
1985 Fiero GT V6
1988 Bronco 5.0
1995 Blazer 4x4
1998 Firebird Formula LS1
2003 Accent GT
2005 Tiburon SE

Looks like there's a lot of new information to absorb. I've got a lot of reading to do.

[Edit]
Looks like I missed the user rides section. D'oh!

Back from the dead

Reply #1
I sort of remember you. There is alot of good info that wasn't around 3-4 years ago. You have missed out alot. Check out gumby's ride. He does autocross I think. He also has a cobra IRS out the back end.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Back from the dead

Reply #2
Yeah, I've seen some of the crazy things being done that nobody was bothering to do more than dream about last time I was on a Cougar/Thunderbird forum. I really like the Cobra IRS conversion, and the autocross results some people on here have been getting look promising.

Aside from just getting the old Cat running, one of my first projects will be swapping in a 5 speed.

Back from the dead

Reply #3
Welcome back. Nice grille.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Back from the dead

Reply #4
Welcome........again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Back from the dead

Reply #6
Greetings Floyd

Back from the dead

Reply #7
Haha, didn't know if you were still active on here or not Crystal. I figured you were though.

Thanks for the welcome backs. The grille doesn't look so good right now...neither does the car. I need to get some pics of the car as it sits now. It just makes me sad. :(

Back from the dead

Reply #8
I wasn't here when you where last but welcome back. Sorry to see your good deed went unnoticed.

Back from the dead

Reply #9
yeah,, nice grille

welcome back. Dont remember you though i joined the board in 03,, i think.  tag to the right says 04.

Back from the dead

Reply #10
Welcome back...:D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Back from the dead

Reply #11
Welcome back man! Always good to see someone from the EZboard days!
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Back from the dead

Reply #12
I was really sad to see the old EZboard gone. I was kind of looking forward to seeing some of my old posts. Is there a thread about what happened to the old board or can somebody give me the short version?

Back from the dead

Reply #13
Short version: old forum wanted money to host us...Eric, Alex and Carm gave us a new home. Plus, not long after the switch, sleazyboard got hacked and all f*cked up lol

MasterBlaster was working on archiving a bunch of stuff...so somewhere...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Back from the dead

Reply #14
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it would have sucked.

This place is nice though, I'm glad that people came together to get it going.