Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 3.8 wiring (Read 1438 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #15
You must have torched a whole lot of wires to pull everything out of the car. Wish I was closer to help out man...

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #16
Lol yea it's not that complicated it all one long set off wires it's just unplugging the hardest part is taking the dash out and getting the wires through the Lil rubber thing

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #17
sounds like you're doing just fine. you'll fit in here.

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #18
17needhelp...I only have the Engine harness (from fuel injectors to ECM). I don't have the dash harness.
Are you still interested in the Engine Harness???
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #19
I just need the one long harness that's on the pic... Wich harness is that? The one on the pic goes from the dash and plugs nto some connectors under the hood... That is what I need

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #20
What you need to find is a good junkyard that will let you pull an entire dash harness like the one you're looking for. That was the inner harness bc it has the fuse block on it.

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #21
I'll get pics of my '88 3.8 wiring to you sometime today, BTW...what gauges do you have? base digital, or full digital?

(Base digital just has the digi speedo, full digi has all the gauges in a digital readout..)

The reason I ask...I think there's some slight repinning to do if you try to use one harness with the other kind of gauges, and whatnot.

The stuff I have is for a base digital cluster dash, with manual heater, and non premium sound.

Is this what you have in your car?

( I don't wanna send/sell you stuff that won't work)
I'll get you some good pics later today..:D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #22
Just the speedometer is digital

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #23
I'm not sure about the heat how can I tell? Or the sound..

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #24
Sorry 17needhelp...I don't have the harness you need.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #25
Here's the differences
Manual:

Electronic Climate Control:

Premium sound will be indicated either on the speaker grilles in the doors, or if you have a factory eq.

Now the bad...
It appears that both of the '88 dash harnesses I have aren't suitable.
The one has some cut wires that I took out to add to the other harness when I converted to the buttstuffog cluster in the white car.
I'd sell you the lengthened one, but it's been repinned for buttstuffog gauges...

Sorry man, but I do have the engine harness if you want or need it.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #26
No thanks I just want something I can easly plug up I don't want to buy another headache

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #27
17needhelp, I think you need a complete parts car. Sounds like you buried yourself by making a mistake.

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #28
If I still have my harnesses off my car how hard would it be to convert the lenghtned one back? And what would I have to do?

1988 3.8 wiring

Reply #29
I'd sell you the lengthened one, but it's been repinned for buttstuffog gauges...

You would have to re-pin it for your base digi cluster
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII