Skip to main content
Topic: 1974 F-150 SuperCab for sale (Read 872 times) previous topic - next topic

1974 F-150 SuperCab for sale

I got a 74 F150 Supercab to do an engine swap in, got half way through, and need to sell it now.  The body is pretty straight, some rust, but not bad.  Comes with a Brahma fiberglass canopy.  The interior is near perfect with two tears in the cloth front seat.  Dash pad is perfect!!!  New front brake rotors, pads, calipers and flexible brake lines.  The engine that was in it was a 390 that I believe busted a connecting rod in the number 6 hole (haven't torn it down).  I have another 390 that is ready to go in, it could use a rebuild but ran when pulled from my brother inlaws f150, in favor of a 351W.  There is a fairly new alternator,battery, voltage reulator, and more new parts.  The downside (for some) is it does not have the full bench seat in back, it has the jumper seats, but they are in perfect shape.

$500 takes it home.

Re: 1974 F-150 SuperCab for sale

Reply #1
man if you were in florida i'd buy it in a heartbeat. free bump
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #2
I know it's a hell of a good deal, the front brakes alone are worth more than I'm asking for the truck.....

Reply #3
Been selling a bit lately?  ;)

If I had a steady job, I'd be all over your offerings, especially since you're fairly local
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
Not selling enough, I have to go get another job to make the house payment now....
What do you have to trade?  I may be up for trade to get this to someone who could do something with it.  I need the truck, but don't have the time or coin to really mess with  it.  I was thinking about pulling the motor and trans from the XR7, putting the HO stuff on it, and dropping that setup in the truck.  Would be real sweet then.....  fuel injected HO 74 F150 supercab!!!  Oh well, keep trying...

Reply #5
Don't have a thing really. I only purchase things I have a use for and while I'd love to work on the car, can't do much in the neighborhood. There's some rule stating that you can't have a car torn apart in view of the road. With only a driveway, fenced in backyard, and a 64 tbird sitting in the garage, there isn't any place to have fun.

Been finally starting to make some decent money lately though and figure I should save it for the paint job this summer - or in case something happens again like getting towed...just that 8 hour ordeal cost me $271.

but yeah, hope everything goes better for you. You aren't the only one with money troubles ;)

btw, I was tempted on the HO parts in the other thread but have better things I could spend my limited income on :nono:
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
I remember when I lived in town I had a few projects going on til a neighbor called the city, and they told me to get all my "derelect" vehicles out of view.  That's one of the reasons I moved far from town on 5 acres... now I have room for all my projects.  I think I have another job lined up, so now I'm onto my next project parts list.....  HO 5.0 into a Ranger, or into my Toyota pickup.  Probably the Toyota, noone would expect it, and my wife's grandpa bought the truck new, so there is no plan to get rid of it.  I was going to wait til the Toyota engine dies, but I don't think that will EVER happen...LOL.  Got most of the stuff, now need to figure out how to get the floor shift auto set up, and fuel delivery.  Should prove to be a fun ride (short wheelbase), maybe even add a supercharger to it for the added fun....(if $$$$ allows)