Skip to main content
Topic: Need some info/advice about a Citation... (Read 3518 times) previous topic - next topic

Need some info/advice about a Citation...

Reply #45
Scott, 
  She never said she misunderstood....She stated someone else MIGHT Who said she didn't count?

Daboss....I would suggest not going into detail concerning the stop.  Saying you were stopped and receiveing the summonses for X and Y are one thing.....  No more specifics.  You seem to have an idea what you want to do.  Go with it if you and your family and counsel feel it is correct. 

Good Luck!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #46
Thanks V8, at least you and DaBoss understood where I was coming from.
As for Scott's comment about me and not counting.... it's his opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

I would also say that it's not a good idea to post all the details of what happened online.  Chances of the court/officer finding what you've said here are probably pretty slim. However, there is an off chance that someone of significance could see it and use it against you.
I have a friend who is going through a worker's comp issue right now and her lawyer told her not to say anything online about the details till after the case is over, for that reason.
It just covers your azz.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #47
I've said it all along, public defender.  Don't ask me how I know, lol.
1987 TC

Reply #48
How do you know??? :D

Reply #49
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;216154

As for Scott's comment about me and not counting.... it's his opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

Yes i do and apparently my first point has been proven above.  You took the conversation to a new level  by calling me a what?  that just isnt right.  I dont know you nor have you ever pm'd me or had any disucssion with me, but you call me an a-hole. 

My point was that everything was fine up to post 31 and you made an observation and decide to be sarcastic and build up haystack to the level you know full well he is not.  He isnt  lawyer, i know that,you know that but for some odd reason, you think a "kid" might come to a "car" site to get legal help.

If a kid comes to a car site to get legal help, shame on him.  To get advise, yes and understandable but not real help.

Pressing forward , i noticed after haystack replied then you grounded him or put him in his place.  He replied, he elaborated, he explained himself, that should have been the end of it.  Nope, you had to shame him.

Perhaps you did not notice that the level of detail and effort haystack put in was genuine and thoughtful.  Everyone here knew haystack was pulling good info from resources, and everyone here knows haystack is not a lawyer,, being sarcastic about him being one only to cut him down was not right.
I was actully impressed cause i dont see that too often out of him but that again is just my opinion.

My wording could have been better but i meant no harm,, I should have said something along the lines of "the two of them (haystack et daboss) know what the scoop is.

my comments were just comments but did contribute to the thread athough the really do not add to the conversation between daboss or haystack , therefore they dont really count for much.  Your comments distracted the thread topic but you did have a point to make.  I suppose its the way you make your point that matters.

you do matter, but your comments and the subtance of your reasoning really did not make much sense.  Anybody with sense woudl not come to a car site for "legal" help, advise yes but not genuine legal help.

This was up to post 31 , an informative thread most of which haystacks labor was helpful.  Tearing down his good feeling of helping someone becaue he did not follow your standard operating procedure isnt right.

I know all this typing did no good, sorry for the rant.  I dont know haystack from the next guy, i do know that hes been around a long time and with experience, i can say nearly half the time he types something, people shut him down.  there is a time and a place for everyting , this wasnt the time to distract a good thread in need of help with minor bs we all understood as a given., ie- haystack isnt a lawyer nor am i an Asshole.

Reply #50
For the record the expression is:  Opinions are like *****, everyone has one.

Taking that into account, I fail to see how anyone was called a name.

Daboss, again Good Luck!

IBTL
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #51
Quote from: jcassity;216292
Yes i do and apparently my first point has been proven above.  You took the conversation to a new level  by calling me a what?  that just isnt right.  I dont know you nor have you ever pm'd me or had any disucssion with me, but you call me an a-hole. 

My point was that everything was fine up to post 31 and you made an observation and decide to be sarcastic and build up haystack to the level you know full well he is not.  He isnt  lawyer, i know that,you know that but for some odd reason, you think a "kid" might come to a "car" site to get legal help.

If a kid comes to a car site to get legal help, shame on him.  To get advise, yes and understandable but not real help.

Pressing forward , i noticed after haystack replied then you grounded him or put him in his place.  He replied, he elaborated, he explained himself, that should have been the end of it.  Nope, you had to shame him.

Perhaps you did not notice that the level of detail and effort haystack put in was genuine and thoughtful.  Everyone here knew haystack was pulling good info from resources, and everyone here knows haystack is not a lawyer,, being sarcastic about him being one only to cut him down was not right.
I was actully impressed cause i dont see that too often out of him but that again is just my opinion.

My wording could have been better but i meant no harm,, I should have said something along the lines of "the two of them (haystack et daboss) know what the scoop is.

my comments were just comments but did contribute to the thread athough the really do not add to the conversation between daboss or haystack , therefore they dont really count for much.  Your comments distracted the thread topic but you did have a point to make.  I suppose its the way you make your point that matters.

you do matter, but your comments and the subtance of your reasoning really did not make much sense.  Anybody with sense woudl not come to a car site for "legal" help, advise yes but not genuine legal help.

This was up to post 31 , an informative thread most of which haystacks labor was helpful.  Tearing down his good feeling of helping someone becaue he did not follow your standard operating procedure isnt right.

I know all this typing did no good, sorry for the rant.  I dont know haystack from the next guy, i do know that hes been around a long time and with experience, i can say nearly half the time he types something, people shut him down.  there is a time and a place for everyting , this wasnt the time to distract a good thread in need of help with minor bs we all understood as a given., ie- haystack isnt a lawyer nor am i an Asshole.

WOW! Ok, first of all, no where did I call you an a-hole. I don't know you from a hole in the ground so I don't know what your problem is, but build a bridge and get over it.

Second, I believe I explained myself. I wasn't putting Haystack down in any way. I did not know Haystack wasn't a lawyer ( I don't know Haystack)....I posted the reason I thought he was, I gave an example. Did I get sarcastic? Maybe, but it was to get a point across.

So, Scott, to help you out...

There ya go, find your own way across. (Yes, sarcasm was intended)

Reply #52
Children, stop fighting!

DaBoss,

I grew up in Mass and had a few run-ins with the law myself ;)

In this case, the lawyer is a good idea - I had one for the more serious stuff - they can chum around with a person or two and likely get this downgraded so long as you just stay quiet with your tail between your legs - wearing your best clothes of course :D

I went so far as to file a case in Superior Court against the officer who had violated my rights (I studied the law in the library and learned how to file a case on my own without a lawyer in this case). I then got a lawyer and the DA practically begged me to drop the case so long as I would agree to a minor infraction. That worked out well. Stay calm, do your homework and remind yourself that you were not intending to do any harm (it helps to feel that you have the moral high-ground). I wouldn't say all this if I thought you were a guilty ass-hole :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #53
it's his opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

with the wink at the end knowing full well what the next line is,, "they are like assholes"
you did leave that rather open to interpertation.

Quote from: LittleAngel1198;216325

Did I get sarcastic? Maybe, but it was to get a point across.

you did not know he was a lawyer but you predetermined you had a point to make.

As for Scott's comment .

you dont find it rude to be calling me scott?  Ive introduced myself to a few here and thats kinda like one of those lines you dont cross until you feel comfortable doing so.  I happen across you name once in a while but i dont really think its polite to address you until i think im allowed.

daboss
I would have never thought to keep the details out off the web so of all the advise here, i rate that advice top shelf.  Man, i hope you can work through this as major of a deal as this minor situation has become.  One thing life has taught me,, Its not who is right or wrong but, who can debate the best.  When you debate the situation your in, honest and truthful ovservations will show that the hammer ishiznitting you rather hard.  I read those MA laws relating to young drivers and they are very strict to say the least.

Reply #54
I just skimmed over your post, by the sounds of it, the cop didn't see shiznit.  Now depending on how you handled your encounter with the cop, he can't prove that.  Now as far as the noise ticket is concerned, I'm not sure.  There's a saying: if the tree's poisoned, so is the fruit.  Your lawyer should help a lot.