Skip to main content
Topic: TSA sux (Read 1254 times) previous topic - next topic

TSA sux

Ive only flown about 6 times this year and so far my bags have been lost three times.

NOT A GOOD TRACK RECORD US AIRWAYS!!!

So, TSA sux because in my checked baggage I had a tool bag that has a bozzillion pockets to which each tool has its own spot.  My Two meters, One Power buttstuffizer, lots of hand tools, crimpers, high voltage insulated sockets,extentions ect ect.  Serveral specialty tools industry specific.

Anyway, TSA goes through your bag and generally will leave a slip inside your bag that tells you someone was in it.
I get to Pensacola and take out my tool bag and its like they dumped out my tools.  They crammed them back in my tool bag and such.

They had three meters tossed in with metal objects laying on the display, meter leads entangled with all of the hand tools,, I'm a little pissed.

To top it off, my return flight yesterday was fine.  I got my rental back , checked in my bag and got to the gate to discover the flight is running late.
No biggie though.
I get to Roanoke VA and no bag!
Bag had my tools and clothing so we will see how this goes.  They gave me that usually phone number to call and appartently that department has been outsourced to because they all speak like they are from india or something.

TSA sux

Reply #1
oh,, and here is some usefull info for anyone...

Airlines do not track bags from plane to plane.  There are only about 4 airports in the US that are capable of tracking bags by the barcode.

So,,
its possible that your bags are somewhere in the US but  there is no way to track thier location if the airport does not use the barcode scan system.

Im standing there in roanoke and i simply ask a question,,,

"where were my bags last checked at?"

answer> "there really isnt anyway to know where the bags are until they arrive somewhere and baggage claim tries to figure out why the bag is sitting there""once they determine the bag is not claimed, they will try to see if there is a lost baggage claim number placed on the checked bag ticket number"

Airlines are just winging it with our bags.  This tells me that there is no security within the airline.  If no one is tracking bags, then any random bag can be inserted on a flight containing anything any subcontractor wants to ship anywhere in the world.

I just got off the phone with someone on  the other side of the world about my bag.  He said there is no update on the bag and it has been 15 hours. 

his exact words were "there is a flight coming in at 1pm today so it "might" be on that flight".

Piss on it, done ranting.

TSA sux

Reply #2
jeez... that's ridiculous.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

TSA sux

Reply #3
Many people I know have had the same problem as you.

My company has people travel with tools etc. also.
We usually ship what we can FedEX or UPS to a Hotel or first stop customer site and have been successful in avoiding some of the losses and messed up tools and parts.  If nothing else you can insure and track with Fedex or UPS.

I can sympathize since I to carry a big tool bag with everything neatly stored and also need lots of small parts.  It is nothing short of miserable to go through an airport with this stuff.

TSA sux

Reply #5
I'm glad I dont fly.

TSA sux

Reply #6
Quote from: kingcars;208262
I'm glad I dont fly.

X2
all the  i hear about flying makes me glad i have the oppertunity to just drive where i want to go(since its not job related or anything)
never lost anything driving to my destination.

that suck jcassidy, my brother lost all of his bags on a flight back from florida.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

TSA sux

Reply #7
well,
look at my time stamp people............. SOMEONE JUST ARRIVED WITH MY BAG.  No phone call no nothing,, just bangining on my door at 5am.

I was too tired to fight it,,, i just said thank you.

TSA sux

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;208337
well,
look at my time stamp people............. SOMEONE JUST ARRIVED WITH MY BAG.  No phone call no nothing,, just bangining on my door at 5am.

I was too tired to fight it,,, i just said thank you.

But was that new time or old time??? :hick:

TSA sux

Reply #9
thier instructions were to call in advance.  The last time someone from roanoke delivered , they dropped my bag off at a random house and a month later (mid feb), the owners of the house (campers) called me using my ID info on the bag.

TSA sux

Reply #10
Air Canada lost my Dog once. We had a flight from Halifax to Toronto, to Calgary to Edmonton. We took Buffy (our two year old at the time German Shepherd) to pee in Antigonish (about 2 1/2 hours from Halifax), and she wouldn't go in Halifax, so we put her in her kennel and got on the plane. In Toronto, they wouldn't let us leave our terminal, so we couldn't take her out there and said we would wait until Calgary. When we got there, .......... they couldn't find Buffy. She wasn't on the plane, even though Angela specifically asked if our German Shepherd was on board, which they confirmed. It turns out they had put her on a direct flight to Edmonton whilst we went to Calgary. We were pretty livid, and explained that the dog hadn't been able to relieve herself since Antigonish and her bladder was probably at critical. They asked if we wanted to have someone in Edmonton take her out to relieve herself. Remembering Buffy being loaded on the conveyor in Halifax (we could see from our window) and the two men stretching their arms an extra foot to stay completely clear of the kennel, I said, "Sure, if they don't mind losing an arm." They had us on a flight leaving within 15 minutes, and Angela got them to refund us the cost of shipping her back ($60+).

TSA sux

Reply #11
I've only got two things to say about this.

US-Scareways is the bottom of the airline barrel, they blow in the worst sort of way and I will never ever fly them again.  YMMV, but not by much.

T-Ass-A - keeping the airways safe from hair gel and bottled water, but at least they're eroding our civil liberties at enormous financial costs. w00t!
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]