Skip to main content
Topic: I got pulled over and complimented (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

I got pulled over and complimented

Got policed this morning.

Rolling along Rt311 in west virginia / virginia on the way to Roanoke Regional Airport.  This is a very very long trek with two pretty large mountians to climb and a third not so bad.

Towards the more level and straight part of rt 311 near Salem, i get behind an older jeep which is doing anywhere from 25 to 40mph.  Most of this stretch is 50 -55 so i patiently await the one area I know i can pass.

Well,, here it comes,,, the dotted line and i GUN it.  As im passing,, I look directly into the face of a state car parked on the left side of the road.  He throws the car around and im already pulled over cause I know he wants me.

I explain what i did ,, where im going, when my flight is ect ect.
He says, Do you know how fast you were going?  I said I know that when i was behind the jeep i was doing about 45 but generally when i use the passing lane, I get out / over / and back in the lane as fast as i can.
He said,, well, you were doing 73.  I said "oh really", well i know my car runs pretty good and  im glad it does incase i do need to pass and such. 

He said, "you were going about 42 back there then my radar switched to 73 in about a second or two. "

The last thing he said kinda got me to thinking,,,,, he said "well, I cant really see giving you a ticket for speeding, when your trying to pass slower traffic" 

So, he let me roll after discussing my 20th and whats under the hood and such.  "He said nice car by the way"

Reply #1
Lucky last time i got pulled over i said i was not speeding about 30-40 times. Also i did not get a ticket 60 in a 45 but it was X-mas Eve so i thought it was over as soon as i got pulled over. Only time i ever got pulled over even if i did pass a cop Topped out in 4th gear and he was in the turn lane and i slowed down and he just let me go i was doing well over 100MPH.

Nice he wanted to look over your car and that he liked your Cougar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #2
way to snake your way out of a ticket. i don't know why you have to hurry to the air port that place is so small that you can be 5min late and still make it to your flight on time. LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
Thats cool.  All the cops around here are pen 15s.  They follow all the teenagers until they touch the center line and then they pull them over.  I've never been pulled over though.

Reply #4
Quote from: jcassity;208061
he said "well, I cant really see giving you a ticket for speeding, when your trying to pass slower traffic" 

Exactly
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #5
when i was going through south carolina i went through a town where the speed limit dropped from like 75 to 55 i think, or 65 to a 55.  it was an 8 lane and i didnt see the signs for the speed to be dropped so im cruising at 65 on the cruise control.  wasnt drunk or drugged so i drove juuuuust fine.  i noticed an SUV get in my rearview and then parade lights.  he really just kept them on to get us off to the side and since we were on the interstate he got me out and we talked on the right side of the cars incase a wild car you know.  but we get to talking he noticed that i had just came in to that speed zone and my speed was steady so he didnt even get mad at all.  we stood around and talked about the thunderbird (told him i had a v6 instead of v8)  and talked about nascar tech a bit and how he helped catch that douche bag what ever his name was that got busted TWICE with drugs (a nascar driver.)  i could have had drugs in the car but i talked him out of any suspect of that.  but he was cool, we talked for prolly 5 min.  mostly about my car and nascar.

a friendly conversation instead of getting a ticket is pretty cool.

i think i posted about my gf getting me out of 79 in a 55 right?  now that made me nearly have a stroke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #6
That's sweet.

I got out of a sticky situation a while back because of the helmet in the back seat (for track use). He knew based on the A-pillar gauges and helmet (which he specifically commented on) that I was serious about racing "legally" and that I really may have "accidentally" spun the tires leaving the light - lol. I was petrified actually since I'd had a couple of drinks with the dinner I told him I was returning from.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #7
Quote from: ipsd;208085
. i don't know why you have to hurry to the air port that place is so small that you can be 5min late and still make it to your flight on time. LOL

I walked out the door at 5am to be on time for a 0750 departure.
This gives me 2 1/2 hours to be in my seat on the plane with some time to spare.

I was not in a hurry, just on a schedule i know all too well.

Just google mapquest
to: Roanoke Regional airport (va)

You will see that the actual distance is about 50 miles.  The drive time is like two hours though because of the two mountains.