1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

What if...

Reply #2
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;196893
I think were headed towards communism

There's nothing wrong with communism in my book.  The only "communist" countries that we have seen have been dictatorships.  Communism is great on paper, but people are too greedy and lazy to make it work as it should.

As for the video, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true.  It doesn't dispute the fact that burning fuel is still bad for the air, so we should push for renewable energy that is cleaner.  Have you seen photos from downtown Bejing?  Without any major clean air policies, China has the worst air quality in the world and I don't want us to end up like them.  Scandal or not, we do need to get away from crude oil.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

What if...

Reply #3
Ethanol! 105 Octane, and makes the tree-huggers happy. I call that a win-win!

What if...

Reply #4
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;196904
Ethanol! 105 Octane, and makes the tree-huggers happy. I call that a win-win!

QFMFT. I gotta drive something that BURNS fuel in multiple (read: eight) cylinders until I'm old enough that they pull my license :hick:  I've been a huge fan of biofuels ever since I heard of em.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

What if...

Reply #5
There are a few problems with ethanol. Its high alcohol content will degrade plastics and rubber faster than normal gasoline. Secondly not all that many vehicles as of now are Ethanol receptive, my father had to replace his whole fuel delivery system after using ethanol in his 07 Focus (his stupid fault for not checking if it was compatible).

Here is the wiki on Ethanol if you wish to read up on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol

What if...

Reply #6
I know all about Ethanol/E85 (done a couple of college papers on it).

Bottom line is, it's MUCH easier to convert your fuel system to tolerate it and get renewable 105 Octane gas for cheap (my local E85 station is at $1.97/gal) then to drill for more oil or setup a Hydrogen network.

Corn FTMFW.

What if...

Reply #7
The problem there in lies that big oil controls our government and will never relinquish its grip it has on the USA. Believe me i wish i could run e85 in both my cougars because i would, E85 prices around here are about the same.

What if...

Reply #8
E85 affects food prices since it cuts into the corn supply.  Demand goes up and so does price.  It is subsidized, you get worse gas mileage and better power.

What if...

Reply #9
E85 costs about 10c less a gallon here than regular fuel.  It has its draw backs of course but it is becoming a good alternative. 

Problem is I don't think any puppiesanese manufactures offer a flex fuel vehicle and the government is afraid to make them.
One 88

What if...

Reply #10
To gain the better power you will almost always need larger injectors.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

What if...

Reply #11
Well, you need to size the injectors to the needs of the engine. You start by multiplying by about 1.3.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

What if...

Reply #12
I have no doubt that the government is telling us lies about the oil supplies available. I truly believe they get kick backs for dealing with Saudi Arabia.
There is no reason for our oil, gas, heating prices to be as high as they are. this country could be entirely self efficient if the government would just let it happen.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

What if...

Reply #13
Quote from: CougarSE;196953
E85 costs about 10c less a gallon here than regular fuel.  It has its draw backs of course but it is becoming a good alternative. 

Problem is I don't think any puppiesanese manufactures offer a flex fuel vehicle and the government is afraid to make them.

It costs less because it is subsidized.  So it is costing you in taxes.  I don't think it could stand on its own and it makes the price of our food go up.

What if...

Reply #14
Quote from: V8Demon;196954
To gain the better power you will almost always need larger injectors.

That's not true.  If the BTU content is greater you get more energy out of the same volume of gas.