Skip to main content
Topic: Lambo Reventon... (Read 4579 times) previous topic - next topic

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #15
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;175956
Still, from what I've heard they're only selling 20 at a million Euros apiece (that's about $1.4 million) so I guess it doesn't matter what it's called.

From what I've read about it, they won't even start making them until January, and within 4 days they sold all 20.  All 20 were bought by men here in the U.S.; and they sold all of them within 4 days of releasing the news of it.  Expected delivery date isn't until October of next year.
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #16
hott sechs

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #17
Quote from: slamedcat;175959
Does it still have the Lambo doors or are they normal?

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #18
Quote from: oldraven;175999

I had seen that pic before that is why I asked. :D

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #19
Lmfao...
Looks amazing!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #20
To turely call it a 1.4 million dollar lambo wheres all 4 turbos and a HP gauge or something that has not been done before? WTF makes this car worth about 12-14 Diablos? in the world of Zondas and Konisegg's and the new 802HP 250mph porshce do we really need to make room for this high dollar POS or should someone start racing it and test it out before you blow a mill and a half well almost. Even the 253MPH VERNON gets smoked by TT vipers on a race form 0-200 and gets waxed by about 3.5 secs.

I have seen a F40 in real life and a SLR Benz and like 10 FORD GTs carrol shelbys 5.5 million dollar cobra the G-Force CUDA a few DB9s and panteras that this car does not look like its worth about half the price tag untill its road tested and their videos and it lives up to its HYPE.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #21
Nice looking, but for the price they better turn up the dial on the horsepower meter.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #22
Quote from: Carpimp1987;176010
To turely call it a 1.4 million dollar lambo wheres all 4 turbos and a HP gauge or something that has not been done before? WTF makes this car worth about 12-14 Diablos? in the world of Zondas and Konisegg's and the new 802HP 250mph porshce do we really need to make room for this high dollar POS or should someone start racing it and test it out before you blow a mill and a half well almost. Even the 253MPH VERNON gets smoked by TT vipers on a race form 0-200 and gets waxed by about 3.5 secs.

I have seen a F40 in real life and a SLR Benz and like 10 FORD GTs carrol shelbys 5.5 million dollar cobra the G-Force CUDA a few DB9s and panteras that this car does not look like its worth about half the price tag untill its road tested and their videos and it lives up to its HYPE.

The fact that this reads like a six-year-old's ranting aside, where have you ever seen a factory TT Viper? Don't bother with tuner cars - I'm talking about factory iron, as in "as delivered from the factory, as engineers intended". And, for that matter, when have you seen a factory ANYTHING beat a Veyron in ANY speed contest? The "Vernon", as you called it, would run rings around every car you've mentioned (with the possible exception of the 82-horse Porsche - I hadn't heard about it. Is it a factory car, or another tuner?).

...And even if a heavily modified Viper (yes, I would consider adding two turbochargers to be "heavily mdified") can beat a Veyron to 200, what happens past that speed? The Veyron has been dospoogeented by several car magazines as actually being able to achieve its claimed 252MPH.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #23
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;176035
The "Vernon", as you called it, would run rings around every car you've mentioned (with the possible exception of the 82-horse Porsche - I hadn't heard about it. Is it a factory car, or another tuner?)

He was probly refering to the TT AWD Porsche Cayanne. But the horsepower rating on that is around 550. There are several other cars that can meet the ranks but not exceed.

RS200 but can't find the power rating and performance numbers. But some of them were pushing 900+hp in race trim.

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #24
THe Viper that beat the Veyron was a Henessy package producing over 1000 RWHP.  Figure 1200 at the crank.

Many of us here have seen exotic supercars close-up.  Myself, Innes and a few others on this site live in the most expensive county in the Nation so we've seen a lot of the uber-cars.  Why boast about seeing them?  No biggie.  Cool?  Yes.  No biggie though.....

I think it looks hot like I said earlier.  For the price though, I would want more power.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #25
All that really matters is the fact that all of them have been spoken for. They sold them all within four days. It is apparently worth it to those that matter. Lamborghini didn't design the Reventon for anyone on this site, I can tell you that much. You can either like it or not, but crying that it isn't worth the money, when it has clearly been proven to be so, is pointless. What car in history has ever sold its entire run in that time? None. The pinnacle of success.

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #26
Quote from: oldraven;176069
What car in history has ever sold its entire run in that time? None. The pinnacle of success.

I dunno why, but that made me think of something. How many Mustang's did Ford sell on the first day of sales April 1964?

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #27
BTW, that thing looks like the Comanche chopper that OCC built on the Discovery Channel...

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #28
Lamborghini didn't design the Reventon for anyone on this site, I can tell you that much.

True, but I'm only a winning lotto ticket away.....

Lambo Reventon...

Reply #29
Quote from: slamedcat;176053
He was probly refering to the TT AWD Porsche Cayanne. But the horsepower rating on that is around 550. There are several other cars that can meet the ranks but not exceed.

RS200 but can't find the power rating and performance numbers. But some of them were pushing 900+hp in race trim.

Key words being "race trim" - the Veyron is a street car, and not only is it a street car, it's one with full luxury - leather guts, DVD  NAV system, climate control, etc...

Quote from: V8Demon;176057
THe Viper that beat the Veyron was a Henessy package producing over 1000 RWHP.  Figure 1200 at the crank.

Many of us here have seen exotic supercars close-up.  Myself, Innes and a few others on this site live in the most expensive county in the Nation so we've seen a lot of the uber-cars.  Why boast about seeing them?  No biggie.  Cool?  Yes.  No biggie though.....

I think it looks hot like I said earlier.  For the price though, I would want more power.

No doubt about it: If I had a million and a half dollars to waste on a car (which would mean I'd have Bill Gates money) I'd want better than 600 horses. Hell, I think the SL65 AMG tops that...

Quote from: oldraven;176069
All that really matters is the fact that all of them have been spoken for. They sold them all within four days. It is apparently worth it to those that matter. Lamborghini didn't design the Reventon for anyone on this site, I can tell you that much. You can either like it or not, but crying that it isn't worth the money, when it has clearly been proven to be so, is pointless. What car in history has ever sold its entire run in that time? None. The pinnacle of success.

I was gonna say just that: Lambo didn't care about a bunch of fans of mediocre 20-year-old Fords when they designed that car. Hell, Ford doesn't care about us, why would Lambo?

Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;176074
I dunno why, but that made me think of something. How many Mustang's did Ford sell on the first day of sales April 1964?

Lots :D But then again, the Mustang was a sales success by any measure. There have been a lot of cars that demand exceeded supply - people have been willing to pay double the MSRP just to be the first on the block with one. It's not always a wise investment (think retro T-Bird), but I think the Lambo buyers will be happy with their purchases...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣