Skip to main content
Topic: Very angry... (Read 1900 times) previous topic - next topic

Very angry...

Reply #15
Fan is a Flex-lite with a 2 1/2" spacer, no clutch. The fan and spacer are fine. The bolt holes in the w/p pulley are pretty badly chewed up, I don't trust it. The water pump is a Jegs aluminum high flow one bolt hole is chewed up, I don't trust it. I'll replace the pulley and pump in a few weeks after a I get the other Cat. When I replace the pump if someone really wants it I'll sell it for $40 and give you the pulley for free.

Very angry...

Reply #16
you think the pump can be made usable? that would be a nice cheap alternative for me since my pump is leaking out the weep hole
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Very angry...

Reply #17
Quote from: daboss351;167617
you think the pump can be made usable? that would be a nice cheap alternative for me since my pump is leaking out the weep hole

Only way I would trust it would be to drill all four holes perfectly straight and tap them for larger bolts. Any other way I would not trust for either strength or balance. And out of balance fan is going to destroy the pump pretty quick and if it isn't strong enough you may end up with your fan sticking through the hood.

But you're welcome to try.

Very angry...

Reply #18
If it's the stabilty of the fan your worried about... why not just go E fan? Or is it the rigity of the bolts holding the pump pully to the pump itself?

Very angry...

Reply #19
im gonna be running a e fan so theres no problem there! let me know when your getting rid of it!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07