Skip to main content
Topic: Burlington show? (Read 3964 times) previous topic - next topic

Burlington show?

Hey guys, are we still on for the car show tomorrow?

Burlington show?

Reply #1
I'll be there ron along with my buddy in his 84 hurst olds but i won't be bringin the TC.
I tried puttin in the Lentech AOD tonight and after getting her fired up and filled i now have a major front transmission seal leak so the trans has to come out once again so that i can replace the seal and find out what the hell happened to the original one as it was supposed to be new.
I'm rather upset about it and have absoloutley no time until next tuesday night(employee shop time night)to work on it so she's out of commission for at least a week.
I will however be bringing the SC to the show tommorow after i shine her up a bit,kinda the benifit of having two cars,not sure if alex is coming??
See ya there.

Burlington show?

Reply #2
OK cool.  I will be there around 6-6:15pm

I know this is a really stupid question, are you sure you had the torque converter fully seated?  I did that once and destroyed a perfectly good SC tranny :(

Burlington show?

Reply #3
Yea it was seated but for some reason the convertor has to come out about half an inch to contact the flexplate and i don't know why.
However i tried installing washers behind the convertor bolts and pushed the convertor all the way back,still leaked just as bad.
Not sure if i wrecked the seal because of that,if there's a tear in the seal now or if it's the wrong seal alll together.
Gonna get a new seal and test fit it on the convertor before it goes on the trans just to make sure.
I had the car upto 120 on the hoist in 3rd gear so i know the trans shifts and there where no strange noises so i'm sure all is well with the trans,probably just a bad seal(i'm hoping).

Burlington show?

Reply #4
I"ll probably be there too provided i don't have to work late.

Burlington show?

Reply #5
hope you get it sorted out man.  I hate tranny problems.  My '85 was plagued by them.  tranny lines wouldn't stop leaking, no matter what I did.

Burlington show?

Reply #6
Hey guys, where is this place again?

Burlington show?

Reply #7
I'm guessing this is the place.

Burlington show?

Reply #8
LOL good job man! i'm usually a sherlock but i's been a HARD 2-3 weeks on my brain.

Just down the road from the Kingdom.. Good club.. I haven't been to that place in a while!

Burlington show?

Reply #9
yeah its easy to get to, I found it with no problems the first time.

Burlington show?

Reply #10
oh now that i saw that map i know exactly where it is.. I may need to go through a car wash before i get there though.

Burlington show?

Reply #11
alex actualy made it this time!  mind you chris ditched us when we went in the mall to eat, though. :( lol:D

Burlington show?

Reply #12
 the shiniest part of that picture i think is my head!

Burlington show?

Reply #13
lol thats what I was thinking too.  hahah j/k

Burlington show?

Reply #14
cmon you gotta admit it looks good.