Skip to main content
Topic: computer tuning(car) with your laptop... (Read 1766 times) previous topic - next topic

computer tuning(car) with your laptop...

now i would like to know from everyone where i can get the hardware/software to tune engine computers with my laptop and all the good stuff? also i was wondering if my car is the eec 4 system can't i just swap out this engine comp for one from lets say a so or even a ho 5.0? i know its a dual question thread but those are the two questions that have been burning in my head. sorry.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Re: computer tuning(car) with your laptop...

Reply #1
The 86+ HO's, if that's what youre talking about, were SEFI, much different.  You'd have to change over all the sensors, intake manifold, fuel pump and everything to use newer components.  It would be a worthwhile, but very involved conversion.

As your car stands (CFI) I'm not sure that there exists any tuning capability.  My guess is no.

Re: computer tuning(car) with your laptop...

Reply #2
It's possible, but would involve a lot of work.  If you have the time, money and desireto do so I say go for it.  As far as bang for the buck it would probably be more cost effective to switch from CFI to carburated. As far as what carb/intake/heads/cam to use ask yourself how much power are you looking to make and do you want a stump puller or high end screamer.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!