Skip to main content
Topic: The beast is back (Read 1083 times) previous topic - next topic

The beast is back

So I'm getting my '86 TC ready to take back to school.  Give it a bath, $48 worth of 92 octane.  I go to the convenience store and when I come back out I see my car puking oil from the bottom. 

So I decided to take the '88 out of its year long hibernation and take some pictures.

It didn't lose oil pressure right until It made it back to my garage.

First time this thing has left the garage for about a year.

Thought it was a good idea to swap out the racing "slicks"

A short clip after I bolted the ATR exhaust back on and got it to idle, kinda

Where this one will rest until summer.

The beast is back

Reply #1
Nice cars. And yeah, slicks+snow=6 feet of dirt.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

The beast is back

Reply #2
Do TCs need to run on 92 octane?  I run my 5.0 HO with regular.

The beast is back

Reply #3
I always use super unleaded.The H.O seems to run a little better.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

The beast is back

Reply #4
If I run that, I might as well just bump the timing up.  But I'm enjoying my 23mpg on regular gas :) .

The beast is back

Reply #5
I am (or was) running 18 psi with no IC. 92 was a requirement. Stock, running 87 is fine.

The beast is back

Reply #6
Ah ok, I gotcha

The beast is back

Reply #7
nice t/c's i want one bad!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07