Skip to main content
Topic: Allow me to introduce myself... (Read 3399 times) previous topic - next topic

Allow me to introduce myself...

Reply #30
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;104549
You're right about that - I've had my back seat out dozens of times, and if it weight 25 pounds I'd be surprised. There's nothing to it but foam and a wire frame.

Now a power front seat I could see weighing 75 pounds - that's why I decided against adding power seats to my car

Fronts are heavy for sure. :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #31
Ohio guy!  I'm in Columbus all the time for school.  How far are you from DeVry?  I've got an 88 V6 car that I've swaped a 5 speed into.  We don't really have a club for foxes that I know about but a couple of us get together every now and then.  Shoot the shiznit and turn wrench's. 

Oh and I have a set of the butcher block trim pieces that have been cut on your car....
One 88

Reply #32
BTW: If anyone recognizes that DVD player or can track down what it is from the pic I'd appreciate knowing.
ARS DVM-9300

Here's someone who sells it:
http://www.discountave.net/dvars7witfmo.html

And here's who made it:
http://yiaoupan.en.alibaba.com/aboutus.html
blahblahblah... [COLOR="Red"]our company has our own brand name of "ARS".[/COLOR]
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #33
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;104546
You must have the heaviest cougar/tbird rear seat ever...:pbb:
Ok, I admit, I've never taken the rear seat out of any of my foxes and weighed them, but I would think it would have to weigh more than 25 lbs. Hell my leather jacket weighs 10 and it doesn't have springs in it.

Reply #34
Quote from: MasterBlaster;104586
ARS DVM-9300

Here's someone who sells it:
http://www.discountave.net/dvars7witfmo.html

And here's who made it:
http://yiaoupan.en.alibaba.com/aboutus.html
blahblahblah... [COLOR="Red"]our company has our own brand name of "ARS".[/COLOR]

Much ass grassy ass. That will be a HUGE help. Maybe now I can figure out how to get the CDs to repeat. :D

Reply #35
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;104587
Ok, I admit, I've never taken the rear seat out of any of my foxes and weighed them, but I would think it would have to weigh more than 25 lbs. Hell my leather jacket weighs 10 and it doesn't have springs in it.

There pretty light fo sho :pbb:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #36
I've got the old red rear seat I swapped out of my car in my shed - I could find out exactly what they weigh tomorrow...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #37
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;104648
I've got the old red rear seat I swapped out of my car in my shed - I could find out exactly what they weigh tomorrow...

Please do. I'd be interested in knowing.

BTW that's both pieces. Seat AND back.

Reply #38
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;104303
Hopefully I can repaint it by next winter. The ground effects will come off and be prepped and painted seperately and a new hood and trunk lid with a different spoiler will go on. still trying to decide whether to do the window trim in euro black or body color but I'm leaning toward black.

I'll keep you updated as I go.

Welcome.  I served some time in the Navy as well.
Nice cat.  I think matching white window trim would look awesome.  Years and years back, my plan was to have two identical 88 XR-7s opposite in color.  One black and one white.  The white one was to have all white trim to oppose the black trim on the black one.  Instead, I ended up with two black 88 XR-7s named "Before" and "After."
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]