Skip to main content
Topic: Allow me to introduce myself... (Read 3398 times) previous topic - next topic

Allow me to introduce myself...

Reply #15
Quote from: cougarcragar;104361
Looks like you have a nice project car. I like it!
Welcome to the forums.

I've never understood the fascination with TVs in cars. To me, it makes as much sense as custom wheels larger than 18" on a passenger car. It's all flash.

A guy I race with was showing me his amps, subs neon and other trick junk, I told him if it doesn't make my car quicker, faster, stop shorter or corner harder, it ain't got any business on my car. I'm even considering removing the back seat an putting a carpet covered sheet of 1/4 particle board in its place.

Reply #16
Welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #17
Welcome nice ride the guys here are really good with all sorts of advice. There’s a lot of different specialty’s here.
So what’s the story behind your name General Mayhem? What did you do to earn it and how about some pics of the motor maybe we can tell you some mods that are done take a close up of the distributor.

Reply #18
Quote from: Innes;104412
Welcome nice ride the guys here are really good with all sorts of advice. There’s a lot of different specialty’s here.
So what’s the story behind your name General Mayhem? What did you do to earn it and how about some pics of the motor maybe we can tell you some mods that are done take a close up of the distributor.

Story goes like this: I was an air crew Photographer's Mate in the Navy and used to hang out in the squadron ready rooms when I wasn't on duty and played RISK with the pilots. I was never defeated in a fair game. (several pilots ganged up on me one night, only way they could beat me) One night the Air Wing Commander wanted to play, so we had 5 guys including me in the game. He couldn't get a handle on my strategy as I would attack at seemingly random spots on the board, take one country and end my turn. After about an hour of every one else having these long drawn out battles and me taking a quick easy country, he got a little miffed, jumped up and said, "This is just mayhem, you don't have any strategy, this is just absolute mayhem!"

The nickname stuck and a week later one of the squadron commanders tagged me with it for and official call sign. Call signs are not often given to enlisted personel so it was a big honor for me. A few months later the ships captain saw a set of photos that I took of a russian frigate on high rez film. I had blown one frame up more and more until you could read the label on a bottle of vodka sitting in a porthole in the superstructure. So he asks who took them them and some one told him, 'MAYHEM'. He says, "Would that be Ensign Mayhem or Commander Mayhem?" The reply was "No, just Mayhem in general." So that stuck too and I was General Mayhem from then on.

Several years later I was really into playing combat flight sims online. I got Fighter's Anthology and registered for an online account but MAYHEM was already taken. So I put a star on both ends, representing a BRIGADIER GENERAL's star. and there you have it.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

Reply #19
That's cool man..neat as hell.
And welcome to the board.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #20
Welcome to the nut house! :lol:

Nice Cat btw.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #21
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;104382
A guy I race with was showing me his amps, subs neon and other trick junk, I told him if it doesn't make my car quicker, faster, stop shorter or corner harder, it ain't got any business on my car. I'm even considering removing the back seat an putting a carpet covered sheet of 1/4 particle board in its place.

I've often considered that with my Cougars in the past, especially since I rarely have back-seat passengers.
The thing is, the back seat really isn't that heavy. In fact, the wood you use to replace it may negate the benefit. I think it would look cool, anyway. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #22
Welcome. I see in your profile that you are into slot car racing. Cool, I used to be into it a lot but haven't really done any over the past few years.

Reply #23
Welcome

Reply #24
Quote from: cougarcragar;104486
I've often considered that with my Cougars in the past, especially since I rarely have back-seat passengers.
The thing is, the back seat really isn't that heavy. In fact, the wood you use to replace it may negate the benefit. I think it would look cool, anyway. :)

Might surprise you, that back seat prob'ly weighs 70 lbs. I figure I could use some 3/16" pegboard with cheap carpet and maybe have 15lbs. I figure it could also be a good place to mount some speakers. Also considering boxing the floor on either side of the hump. Extra storrage space....  Place to hide bodies...  ;)

Reply #25
I'll get pics of the engine as soon as it stops raining for a while.:(

BTW: If anyone recognizes that DVD player or can track down what it is from the pic I'd appreciate knowing. I got no manual or anything for it. For that matter, I got no manual for the car. Anyone got an extra?

Reply #26
Risks, I like that game have you ever played Axis & Allies. Haven’t played ether one in years.

Reply #27
Quote from: Innes;104537
Risks, I like that game have you ever played Axis & Allies. Haven’t played ether one in years.

I love A&A. Got it for the computer a few years ago.Guys I've played with say they can't understand how I can play Russia and still win. (Germany dies screaming like a b|tch every time :D )

Got RISK for the puter too. but it cheats. BAD. I still win.

Reply #28
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;104528
Might surprise you, that back seat prob'ly weighs 70 lbs.

You must have the heaviest cougar/tbird rear seat ever...:pbb:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #29
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;104546
You must have the heaviest cougar/tbird rear seat ever...:pbb:

You're right about that - I've had my back seat out dozens of times, and if it weight 25 pounds I'd be surprised. There's nothing to it but foam and a wire frame.

Now a power front seat I could see weighing 75 pounds - that's why I decided against adding power seats to my car
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣