Skip to main content
Topic: My new door panels for my mustang. (Read 455 times) previous topic - next topic

My new door panels for my mustang.

As the title says im putting tbird door panels in a mustang.........well sorta. The board and metal frame are a little different and so I cant mount them on my door. My new solution was to take the mustang metal frame, make a new backing board and put the tbird material and parts on the new board.

The way I am making this it will work just like the tbird ones with the door locks on the armrest (I have a 4 eye car) and the door handle in the middle of the door just like the tbirds/cougars. It will also have the lights under the armrest. I hoping to go to this guys place where im getting new doors for one of my other mustangs and it has some junk DPs but the frame is good so I should have some progress pics soon.

Just thought i'd share :D
Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5:p
85 GT 1C vert = resto project grey int. no power options but A/C. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=92213&highlight=convertible+build+thread
85 GT 2R hatch = ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
85 GT 2A hatch =  tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, BBK headers, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
90 LX EL hatch = grey int. stock 5.0 auto
85 GT 1C hatch = parts car :(