Skip to main content
Topic: Help with my Jeep (Read 3493 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with my Jeep

I have a 92 jeep xj as my hunting rig , recently i cracked the stub axle ears . I ordered a new spicer stub axle from rock auto ,  I was able to take a mallet and hammer on the ABS tone ring with no probs . The new stub did not come with a cotter pin hole I tried drilling a new hole and only got about 1mm . it dulls my drill bits .  Is there a kind of bit i can buy to drill through chrome/moly?  Could i just torque down the hub nut and apply lock tite ?  I have only corded drill and vise in my garage .  Thx .

Help with my Jeep

Reply #1
I believe some cars use nylon lock nuts in that spot
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Help with my Jeep

Reply #2
I saw some of these at the parts store . could not find any other info to put on my jeep.  Ended up using thread locker and torque down to specs .