Skip to main content
Topic: Interchangeability for fox platform question (Read 4149 times) previous topic - next topic

Interchangeability for fox platform question

Ok ford guys, somewhat simple question...

Will the front clip of one fox platform car bolt on to any other fox platform car?
For example: could I put the front clip of a fox mustang on a fairmont?

Reply #1
Quote from: tbtobe;452090
Ok ford guys, somewhat simple question...

Will the front clip of one fox platform car bolt on to any other fox platform car?
For example: could I put the front clip of a fox mustang on a fairmont?

Check out the" FOUREYEDPRIDE" forum,  A lot of info on that site about Fairmonts, LTDs etc.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #2
Do a google image search for "fairmont mustang wagon" and you'll see lots of 'em.

The coolest nose-swap I saw was the ford ltd nose on a fairmont futura. I love the look:
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #3
While not a "cross platform" swap, I did see a Stang coupe with Capri front fenders and it had the Capri rear quarters grafted on, too. Gave me wood...I won't lie. If I ever come across a junk Capri, I will sawzall the thing apart to eventually do just the same to one of mine..

I also read an article in a Mustang mag several years ago....seems a guy had a 4 door fairmont or something...he put the front clip of an aero stang on, dash from the same, seats, etc. Also had the efi 5.0, T5 and the 8.8....the family car that gallops to the sound of hoofbeats LOL.

I want one, too...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
I appreciate all the info guys. From what I've been reading I think a lot of the parts are interchangeable with the fox platforms. Just may take some work. That's a dope looking futura with that ltd front clip. I am looking at a 1980 fairmont futura since I can't seem to find a tbird that I either like or can afford. I actually like the fairmont, just not a huge fan of the front end. Thanks again, hopefully I will get an old Ford with some muscle in my driveway soon.