Skip to main content
Topic: '10 autoX thread (Read 4055 times) previous topic - next topic

'10 autoX thread

Reply #15
I reclassed my car. I was gettin just fast enough for people to ask questions, and was kindly informed that I might not actually be legal to run SM. Not that anyone really cares in my region, but I prefer that I run where I belong so I went diggin thru the rules to find the correct class. Extremely long story short, I am running the car in BP now. I am away from the AWD subies, but now must contend with FF cobras.

I won BP today! Only one of the two regulars showed up, and we went back and forth all afternoon. I ended up gettin him by 0.2sec on my best run.

The course was nicely laid out. the front half was pretty fast, and the back half was very technical and challenging in a big car. I had to force myself to slow down in the back section each run. The run I didnt get myself calmed down enough I ended up over driving the car, behind the course, and crossed up near the end. My time showed it.
Thankfully my next run was my best run of the day, so I am gettin better about focusing my concentration and not over driving the car, causing overheated tires that ruin the remainder of the event.

Results when they are posted!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

'10 autoX thread

Reply #16
I reclassed my car. I was gettin just fast enough for people to ask questions, and was kindly informed that I might not actually be legal to run SM. Not that anyone really cars in my region, but I prefer that I run where I belong, so I went diggin thru the rules to find the correct class. Extremely long story short, I am running the car in BP now. I am away from the AWD subies, but now must contend with FF cobras.

I won BP today! Only one of the two regulars showed up, and we went back and forth all afternoon. I ended up gettin him by 0.2sec on my best run.

The course was nicely laid out. the front half was pretty fast, and the back half was very technical and challenging in a big car. I had to force myself to slow down in the back section each run. The run I didnt get myself calmed down enough I ended up over driving the car, behind the course, and crossed up near the end. My time showed it.
Thankfully my next run was my best run of the day, so I am gettin better about focusing my concentration and not over driving the car, causing overheated tires that ruin the remainder of the event.

Results when they are posted!

'10 autoX thread

Reply #17
I'm going to have to try to get down there sometime next year.  You should post up their dates for next year when they get them.
Good to see you winning your class.  I'm moving to cp next year and I think even my current car would fit in that class.

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

'10 autoX thread

Reply #18
When I was deciding where my car should go, I looked at CP first. My IRS swap isnt legal for CP, which means I'd get bumped to XP or EM. My car is underprep as a prepared car already, no need to move into a mod class :beatyoass: I also didnt wanna become a single car class as there isnt anyone runnin XP in my region.

I talked with the solo chair and a couple guys who currently run in BP to see if they would allow my car to run there based on the fact that the IRS'd mustang cobras belong in BP. Being a regional-only class, basically we can do whatever we want to with it anyhow. It was universally agreed that BP would be the best fit.
If I run in a region that doesnt have BP, I will run XP.

'10 autoX thread

Reply #19
yeah, the irs in your car requires some very agressive classing, lol.  Hence why I'm keeping the straight axle under mine.  What region are you running with again?

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

'10 autoX thread

Reply #20
Columbus Sports Car Club
http://www.cscc-scca.org/