Skip to main content
Topic: so the old lady ran her freshly swaped 5.0ho in the cougar at mir (Read 1643 times) previous topic - next topic

so the old lady ran her freshly swaped 5.0ho in the cougar at mir

this was her 2nd time to the track and her first time ever racing with out me in the car.her first open time pass she rolled the beams before the other car evan began to stage (not sure what the hell she was thinking)so her next pass was 1st round elimintations.so we had to guess at a time. i put a 15:50 et on the car.the car has a stock 5.0ho in it with full exhaust and 4:10s  i thought it would be some where around there.I was so proud of her she did a john force style burn out ,then she staged and left on th 3rd amber just like  i told her too. the car ran a 15:33 @89.9. that was leaving off idle too no foot breaking it.not to mention the stock and sloppy shifitng aod. I think with a better launch and a shift kit she can get a 15:00.
 next mod besides shift kit is gonna be alluminum heads or a 100hp wet shot.Either way i was extremly proud of both my girls ,(the cougar and my old lady)

Reply #1

Reply #2
Kewl, she'll get it... Just take a few times to get comfortable...

Reply #3
Awesome!  Those are probably similar times to what I would be running in my 'bird (i've got a sloppy AOD too, lol).  You're lucky...my girl is not interested in cars at all.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
yeah my girlfriends hot and she love helping my work on things,she can drink as much as me and she loves riding on the back of my harley (no desire to get her own) i am lucky

THANKS