Skip to main content
Topic: Low oil level sender question... (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

Low oil level sender question...

Reply #15
Quote from: hwy73;311695
The low oil light (meaning level, not pressure) is part of the Systems Sentry panel, for cars so-equipped. "Check Oil"

I have a standard digital cluster from a 85-88 that has all those lights included in it whether the car is optioned with the warning lamp system or not, so no separate panel is necessary.

The full electronic cluster does in fact use the seperate panel in the centerstack next to the lighter since there are no provisions in the cluster for warning lamps.

I had to go check all the 85-88 showroom brochures that I have to see the configurations.

Reply #16
My full digital cluster has the warning lights in it ,not in a separate panel
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #17
Quote from: hypostang;311705
My full digital cluster has the warning lights in it ,not in a separate panel

Looking at 85-88 brochure pictures I think I now see how it is hidden in the left and right sides of the cluster.

They only show the seperate centerstack panel in the 1985 brochure the Elan interior with full digital cluster. That is the only brochure that shows it with a full digital cluster. I think that may even be a preproduction picture. With all the buttstuffog clusters they show the seperate warning lamp panel in the centerstack.

Reply #18
here is a pic of my door ajar , lamp out (check engine is on because the car is not running ) Im trying to figure out how to attach smaller pics
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #19
Quote from: hypostang;311714
) Im trying to figure out how to attach smaller pics

Just where I thought they would be... Which accounts for the accuracy of the pin locations and wire colors listed on Coolcats for the full digital cluster.

Perhaps a lot of people have bought the seperate panel for cars that did not have it when in fact everything could have been wired up to function within the actual cluster itself.

Would you believe I scaled down my picture? This is at 30%. I use a program called Phnom Penh image scaler... I probably could stand to scale mine down more as well.

Reply #20
Quote from: 88CougarGT;311589
Screw the sender, its a leaky piece of junk that only tells you when you've neglected your engine too much. 

I just coiled mine up and wrapped it back into the harness.  It only Lights the Light if its grounded.
-Z

+1

After the engine swap I put it back in the new pan. The POS leaks right in the middle of the sensor. In a few weeks when the car comes out of storage I'm going to put a plug in place of the sensor.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #21
i may go aftermarket pan,mo sender.Still thinking about it.More parts have to sell first.....hint hint.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #22
Quote from: Watchdevil;311719

Would you believe I scaled down my picture? This is at 30%. I use a program called Phnom Penh image scaler... I probably could stand to scale mine down more as well.

right click on file
open with>  microsoft picture manager
at top click on picture
at the right click on percentage of original width and height
just enter a amount lower than 100,,ie- like 60%

too easy, dont over complicate simple stuff.

to resize a whole group of pics,,,,,,,(seems to be a mystery to many people when i get emails with 5 pics each being 3 meg ea plus)
open folder containing all the pics
edit >select all
right click in the group of pics
open with >microsoft picture manager
at the top, click on view>thumbnails
edit>select all
at the top click on picture
then select resize,, enter a percentage value lower than 100% to resize them all at once.
click on your X to close, say yes to save changes.