Skip to main content
Topic: Question for CFI V6 owners (Read 1443 times) previous topic - next topic

Question for CFI V6 owners

I went to a salvage yard today to look for the wiring harness that has the plugs into the CFI, TPS, and idle motor with a 10 pin connector on the other end.  I looked at a bunch of 3.8 CFI cars in the yard today and could not find the harness anywhere.  The plugs were just all part of the main harness.  Here are a picture of the harness and a picture of where it is on my engine.  Is the harness on your cars the same as mine?  Thanks!

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #1
my mustang(84) had them as part of the harness but my thunderbird(86) had plugs for everything you mentioned.
ill see if i can find pics, if i still have them.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Reply #2
Thanks for the response.  Does anybody know what years/cars had the separate harness?
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Reply #3
My 84 looks like that.

Reply #4
my 87 does not have the 10 pin.
My 84 did.

LIke you said, its not on most of the CFI cars.

also,, did you know you have an aftermarket fuel presure regulator?

Reply #5
I'm very confused because I looked at several 84 3.8s and they did not have the separate harness.

Yeah, I thought it was an aftermarket fpr.

Reply #6
i read some time ago that some 3.8s have everything wired in and some dont, havent seen a pattern though. anyone have an idea as to why this is?

replacing the ISC was a little issue without a wiring diagram on my 84, all guess work but it worked though :P

i think by aftermarket you mean "replacement" FPR.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost