Skip to main content
Topic: It's ON!!!! (Read 7408 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: It's ON!!!!

Reply #15
no prob man, i was looking at one for a friends truck plus its weiand c'mon ;) just cant resist  (im wanting a 8-71 supercharger for my chevy)

Reply #16
MI as in Michigan. emissions? what are those? exhaust? you need one? heheh. seriously, there are less car laws in michigan then any where other than cuba. if you have a valid VIN and 50 bucks you can register your "car"

Reply #17
darkthunder- what is the hp on you car?

[edit] Dyno sim says your car (with the mods that you want) will push 394hp @ 6500 tahts with stock bore

bore it .030 over and put the stroke at 3.400 some forged pistons with high compression and trickflow TW heads your gonna push.......468hp @ 6500

^that setup w/ the blower  a vortech 6 psi with 50% intercooler
woah! 586 @ 6500

and with a 25 shot youll push 611 @ 6500

Reply #18
I haven't dyno'd it. That was one thing i wanted to do with the original setup and never got the chance to. Oh, and thanks for the info on the Intake. Found one (ported) on stangnet for $100. Should get here by the end of next week. ^_^ Those numbers are sweet, how much hp without the S/C in the original combo?

A new block will definately be in order for the others... 400 seems to be the limit on the stocker.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #19
394hp

Reply #20
Yeah, Michigan is a special place where there is no emmision testing.  The only issue comes with really loud exhaust. For instance a friend had a cherry bomb on his turbo dodge and buzzed a cop, rattling the windows of his cruiser then got a noise violation/fix it ticket or somesuch

Reply #21
dude did you get ahold of that mustang guy who had that weiand intake?

Reply #22
yeah. he should be shipping it sometime this week.

Reply #23
schweet  lemme know when you want to pick out a carb for it ;)

Reply #24
got a Holley from him too. ^_^ ehhh... not sure on the model though.

Reply #25
Found an Intake Comparison at http://www.carbdford.com

Looks like i'm heading in the right direction. ^_^ sorta...

Reply #26
sounds good, ,might i suggest a higher lift cam? or do you like the one you want?

Reply #27
i like everything about it 'EXCEPT' the lift... i want at least .500 inch of lift with 1.6 or 1.7 rockers. preferably with 1.7s. you got one in mind?

Reply #28
as dynoed with this #CCA-31-250-4 .541/.544 lift cam bored and stroked to a 347 w/ TF TW heads youd be pushing 505hp @ 6500  456tq@ 5000 thats without spray ;)

just for kicks.........with a 6psi supercharger....672hp@ 8000  549tq@ 5000

[edit] btw do you have aol/ msn?
Tcj429: on aol
badtothebone68@msn.com: msn messenger

Reply #29
Found a used cam! What luck. Comp Cams 270H. .500 of lift i/e, 224 i/e dur @ .050. Power range of 1800-5800, and a nice lumpy idle too. Oh and the stall of my torque converter is 1600-1800. Got some E7s on the way, gonna port those puppies! Been practicing and I'm starting to get the hang of it. All that's left to complete this combo is exhaust and 3.73s, except....you know.... minus the little stuff. XD

Can't wait to get this combo on the road. ^_^