Skip to main content
Topic: Single piece headlight assembly with LED projection (Read 6224 times) previous topic - next topic

Single piece headlight assembly with LED projection

Reply #16
I have different metal surfaces to work with, but also ordered about 2 square feet of some acrylic mirror product. Even polished sheet metal works well for basic mockups on something this small.

LED tail lights have some minor software bugs that need to be worked out that do not exist on the small 5mm LEDs when tested on the breadboard. There is a failure mode built into the sequencer module that allows the inner light to continue to function in case of controller failure, in a much different fashion than the sequencers I was using before for the incandescent bulbs - and it has worked quite well the few times that the software bugs popped up. Harness and everything is fabricated so other than some small tweaks I need to make, the project, along with the carpc minus speaker boxes, is VERY close to completion. Currently warming the garage to start prepping the car for assembly.

I forgot that I also need to add a PWM dimmer to the carpc's display. It's a minor thing to build, but it needs to be in place before the screen will be installed.

Sequencer built on custom PCB that dims LEDs by pulling a DIM pin low on each LED's 650mA driver, providing 20KHz PWM:
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #17
Update plz. :D

Reply #19
in the meantime,,,, i stare at an empty header panel of our coug in the garage restore and i wonder,,,

sure would be nice to have a single headlamp assembly bucket that drops right into the full opening on each side which would hold all three bulbs.  a single buck and single lense,,,

Seek,
dont know if you know this by now or not but there's a ton of people who pay attention to your fabrication posts,,