Skip to main content
Topic: Favorite tire (Read 4799 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Favorite tire

Reply #15
BF Goodrich G force t\a
245\50\ZR16

Reply #16
I got BFG traction T/A's on the pontiac, they handle great I love them. I got dunlop p5000's on the tbird and they handle great too, but they are wearing away too fast for my taste
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #17
I also like the white letter bf goodrich radial t/a. I put 235-60-15's on my 1988 xr-7, they ride nice.

Reply #18
Quote from: nirvanagod
The Firestone Firehawks Are T rated (118) and since the V's go up to only 149 i think that there fine with t's. Personal Opinion though, since i'll prolly never take my car up that fast (it'll prolly fall apart!!! :(  )

It's not only about going up to a certain speed for up to a certain amount of time.  I notice a difference at 30mph.

I've compared apples to apples on this one and there is a definite difference in everyday driving between an S or T compared to a V.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #19
Just dont buy those py fusions they are bridgestone. I used to work for micheal Tire Plus might as well be Bridgestone Tires plus. But both my father and i have had problems with Bridgestone. So anything other than bridgestone/Firestone.

Reply #20
I'm currently running Firestone Firehawk SZ50's and I love them....they're the best performance street tire I've ever used. Will soon be replaced when the new wheels come over the winter at which point I'll most likely be switching to BFG KDW's.

Reply #21
I think I am going to buy a V rated Michellin just not sure which model to buy yet.  I have Copper Cobras and they are as rough as a corn cob and very loud.

PeAcE

Reply #22
I currently have 214/70/14 BFG radial T/A's on the stock 8 holers.  I'm really not that impressed with them simply because they make a heck of a lot of noise...they do wear decently well though and I like the look of the white-letter on my little 14's.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #23
looks like BFG is in the lead
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #24
Right now I have good year in my car but the best I got where the Pirellis

Reply #25
I have Sumitomo HTR+. i love em. for the first time in my life i have traction in the rain. XD
235/45 front/255/17 rear. WR speed rating.

they are under a $100 each, the best deal on my car yet. as for wear i can't tell you... it took me a week to get to the alignment shop and thet already had shown wear but they've been pretty good since.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #26
I was happy with the Goodyear Eagle GT+4's in 225/60-15 (H-rated), but they quit making them.  I now have Eagle HP's, which perform about the same, but squall like a scalded cat when they're starting to break loose (the GT's were much quieter, more of a feel than a noise), and I don't like directional tires.

Reply #27
First I should say that all the tires I've owned have been 225/50ZR16 front and 245/50ZR16 rear. Living near Seattle wet traction is my top priority.

My Favorite tire that I've owned is the Yokohama ES. Great wet and dry traction. They're quiet and wear decent so far.

The Goodyear Eagle HP Ultras have great wet traction and last a really long time but I had balancing issues with one that Goodyear refused to admit. So I lived with a front end 60 MPH shimmy for 2 1/2 years. The problem was solved when I bought the Yokohama's.

I had BFG Euro TA's which were a little noisy and had poor wet traction. I remember hydroplaning alot on the freeway. They didnt last very long either.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dogcharmer69
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)