Skip to main content
Topic: criminals. (Read 1324 times) previous topic - next topic

criminals.

Reply #15
Here in Connecticut there is no law against carrying a pocket knife. I have carried one my whole life everywhere I go.  The blade should be no longer than the width of your palm though. Larger knives should not be within reach of the driver when being transported. Its best to keep them in the trunk. Double sided blades are measered as being twice as long because they count both sides. So most of those are illegal to conceal. I carry a machete in my van. It hangs in the back, sheathed, and in plain sight through the rear window. The cops have never questioned it because it is being transported as far out of reach of the driver as possible. I don't have a great relationship the police, but knives have never been a problem.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

criminals.

Reply #16
Yeah, I hear you there.
I find it funny that some of the anti gun crowd says to get a dog. Apparently they do not realize how bleeping easy it is to immobilize a dog.

I live in the country, just a mile from a small town of 350 people. Even there, the crime is definitely a lot worse than it used to be when I was a kid. I remember in 1987, a 10 year old could ride a bike through town at 11PM and not have to worry about some crack head trying to sell him/her something, or a drunk running them over, or a senseless violent crime with a gun...my how times have changed. The stakes have gotten higher, and so has the playing field been tilted.

Fight fire with fire, aim well for center mass when someone kicks your door in.

Not to say we're the perfect little American town, there's been 7 or 8 unsolved murders in the last 20 years, 3 within 5 miles or so, but we're not as bad as say Chicago, or the UK, where gun laws are very strict, and the crime rate is much higher per population than places with more relaxed gun laws.

I like your idea of a good y trap...if I lived alone, I would  sure have something like that set up in front of the room where my guns and important papers and my coin collections are kept...hopefully I wouldn't forget about it, coming home late sometime, tired and forgetful, and off myself on accident, lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

criminals.

Reply #17
They don't have a problem with carrying knives in your car here, regardless of length, as long as they are not concealed. They do have a problem with double sided blades though, so I keep those at home. We are also allowed to carry Guns/Rifles in our cars here from A to B even without a CCW, as long as the gun is not concealed, and in plain sight. IE: Sitting on the PS front seat, dash, or rear deck. Never had a problem here though, the cops around here don't tend to mess with working-class White people whatsoever, unless you look like a meth/crack head, or are clearly driving drunk. In that case more power to them.