Skip to main content
Topic: gen 1 sbc swap? (Read 5882 times) previous topic - next topic

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #1
^ this guy

Ford blue for life lol

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #3
I am  ford guy, and I'm all about Ford engines in a Ford, BUT, it has been done, and can be done fairly easy. There are adapter motor mounts available for Mustangs that will work in your car easily if you have the crossmember like a Stang (which I THINK an '85 has). As far as wiring it, and the rest, I have no idea. I see these swaps done a lot in Stangs. But, with this being a Fox body as a Stang is, those swap parts should do the job for you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #4
I think every ford with a chebbie motor should be crushed

I know they can make good power and can be good motors .... Hell I love the 5.3 in my truck but keep it in a Chevy

I love old gm and would love to build a ls box nova nothing wrong with that

But I want to pee on every fox I see with a sbc motor

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #5
Cue Tom Renzo in 3...2....1.....

No love for crossbreeds from me either.

What about that one asshole who won't be named, that specialized (or so he claimed) in swapping 5.0 engines into S10 trucks (and ripping people off, too)?

OP, why not just get the 351w swap pan from Big B and go with a windsor/gt40 heads/ho cam and an AOD with upgraded internals. Keep it Ford, keep it simple. Just my nickel's worth of opinion..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #6
Quote from: jwlott85;406786
I just found out I will soon be in posession of a 355 sbc short block with a spun bearing(s), im wondering what you all think as far as stuffing it into the 85, ive always been more of a gm guy but the fox chassis is easier to work with, i figure i would just rebuild it with some decent heads on a carb and mate it to a stalled 700r4, anyone else heard of another tbird with a similar setup?

easy to do, i done it in the past
i made my own mounts, use g body or 1st gen camaro headers

dont listen to the haters there just jealous use what you have
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #8
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;406972
This guy ^ :mullet:
See, jwlott85, you're not the only one who ate the paint chips.  And now, thanks to your favorite tasty lead based snacks, you've got a new friend.
^ lmao  guess some people just dont understand it's all just metal in the end
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #9
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;406972
This guy ^ :mullet:
See, jwlott85, you're not the only one who ate the paint chips.  And now, thanks to your favorite tasty lead based snacks, you've got a new friend.

^ lmao  guess some people just dont understand it's all just metal in the end
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #11
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;406976
That's not what the doctor says about lead-based paint, but if you like it that much, go get it little buddy it's all yours.

I think it is time to go change your tampon and take a midol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #13
Oh
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

gen 1 sbc swap?

Reply #14
well if i was getting an lsx platform shortblock i would, but it was merely a suggestion i didnt realise everyone was gonna get all buttmad about it, i guess maybe me and my friends a little used to seeing crossbreeds of anything and everything, and if i had money to dump into a coyote swap and then the money to actually make it hang with the average Lsx car i might aswell have bought what i wanted haha