Skip to main content
Topic: 84 Thunderbird for sale (Read 508 times) previous topic - next topic

84 Thunderbird for sale

I am the third owner of this very yellow custom Tbird.  Purchased by my grandfather in 1989 from the original owner and it was a southern car, so no rust (have the pics to prove it).  After I "helped" him need a new engine in 1995, it went into restoration. Custom yellow paint, custom graphics, lowered, ground effects added, door handles shaved (must always have extra set of keys on hand as we learned at a cruise in Youngstown), gas cap moved to the trunk, updated side mirrors, updated interior and very cold A/C.  Found a low mile 3.8L V-6 to keep it economical to drive.  The car has 119K miles on it but the engine has only about 65K.  Power everything and glass packs added.  Garaged during the winter. I became the owner in 1999 and we've enjoyed it for years and it is really fun to drive--not to mention you can take it to a cruise-in or car show and there aren't many other foxbody T-birds there, so it's nice to have something unique.  Add the paint color and you're guaranteed to be rare!  Now, family has expanded (human and car) and tough decisions have to be made.  I've had the car listed for sale off and on for a few years, but am now motivated to sell. Looking to send her to a good home.

Also listed on craigslist if you would like to see more pics:  http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4096279871.html

XXX

84 Thunderbird for sale

Reply #1
Have you had this car to the Barnsville Pumpkin Fest car show a few years ago? I think we were in the same class.

84 Thunderbird for sale

Reply #2
some of the window trim and mirrors are off a mark 7.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

84 Thunderbird for sale

Reply #3
Yeah we've had it there a few times-great show

84 Thunderbird for sale

Reply #4
Wow, I remember seeing this on CarDomain when I first got mine. Very clean.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...