Topic: A-pillar gauge pod (Read 8923 times) previous topic - next topic

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #30
duramix will outlast the car...
crazy strong stuff....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #31
Big B(itch) looked silly in his frst coupla posts. Then his borderline racial comment in the other thread...

Tom, I know we've gotten snippy with each other a time or two, but man, you guys do have skills and the work certainly shows it.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #32
Quote from: Big B;399912
You are really impressing us! ROFL!!!

You know what, shagface?
You could post something of your own doing instead of criticizing other people and what they've done.

While you're at it, impress ME by posting something constructive, if you can find the time amongst all your judgmental, throwing stones in a glass house presence here.

I remember a time just a couple-3 years ago when shiznit like you've posted didn't exist here. This has became the new Corral, and I f*cking don't like it.
Why don't you go sign up with the YellerBullet where there's 12,000 internet badass asshats just like yourself, and GTFO of this place...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #33
302 we disagree on things and get steamed as you point out. But their is respect between us. Hay i argue with my kids and i love them to death. You know i am an old dude and want to pass on stuff like this. Not to brag just to help out as others do. I am an old ITALIAN and thick headed. But we all have something in common. We love cars and argue about it. Sometimes i am a dick but after thinking about it i realize others have great ideas. FOE did that window switch mod that blew me away. Great idea and i appreciated him posting it. It was something i never thought about and it was great. With that i meant no harm and i will town down my PRIDE. Others have things that they are proud of and have accomplished. I have learn a lot on this site and admit it. Thank you all and i appreciate the concern. Have a great weekend Thanks Tom!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #35
Hey guy's,
              There is some interesting reading here for a Saturday night! I think it's a shame that this forum can't drug test those crystal meth's heads and send their a$$e$ down the road. I'm new to this forum and I really enjoy the fact that you guy's are pretty freak'in passionate about your cars. Tom, that link you attached about clutch's was assume! You also take the time to add a lot of pictures on your post's. I've learned more about car's from reading this forum in the last 4 months, than I've leaned in the 54 years before and I can show you some pictures of Jeeps, cars and trucks that I've worked on. Thing is they are 1962 and older (pretty basic stuff). Some of you talk way over my head especially when it comes to engines. Personally, I don't think some guy's like this "big b" deserves the time of day. Just don't answer them...period. Some day, they always say something to the wrong guy.... and it's gonna put him right where he belongs.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #36
Can bump the thread a little by saying that I recieved my 94-95 Mustang 2 gauge pod and it's almost a perfect fit. Wont even need the heat gun for the install. Thanks all! :)

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #37
Bumping it one last time on the 94-95 Mustang gauge pod fitment in my 1988 Thunderbird (just for future reference if someone needs it)
This is after maybe 5 minutes with the heat gun

Like a glove! ;)

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #38
How about on an 84 pillar?

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #39
What do they look like? Can you post a picture?

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #40
Quote from: Score602;402915
How about on an 84 pillar?
I was just getting around to ask the same thing...LOL
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #41
You could more than likely use the same pod, as I think the only difference in trim is the earlier cars had two piece trim and the later had one long piece. :)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #42
I hope not to reawaken the hostilities that accompanied this thread so without going there...

I was wondering if the 1994 to 1999 (or possibly up to 2002 or 2004) as in Autometer #10120 pod Mustang pillar pod is still considered the best fit, for the early 80's Cougar and Thunderbird? I understand that the 83 and 84 interior was pretty much a carry over from the 80-82 cars.

I have an 80' T-bird, so if my pillar post is basically the same as the 1983's shape (assuming the pillar trim was among the interior parts that hadn't changed in 83), I should be able to use a pod which matches up nicely on an 83-84 pillar.

Like the start of the tread pointed out, I know a 79-93 Mustang pillar is nothing like the shape of a 1980 pillars trim. I just bought one to give it a try and the 79-93 shape is nowhere the same and just plain huge compared to the 80's pillar.

If I could find an 83-84 in a junk yard, I could make an actual comparison, but they are kinda scarce in the salvage yards.

A-pillar gauge pod

Reply #43
I picked up a Autometer #10120 pillar pod for a 94-02 Mustang, as some in the thread suggested for the early 1980's Thunderbirds.  I'm going to try to use it for my 80 T-bird but can tell you that its not at all a good fit right out of the box. It might be close with an 83 but not 80-82.

It sticks up about 3/4" around the curved portion of the existing trim. I'm hoping I can trim both edges a little at a time (as needed) and then heat it up enough to get it widen up to sit up against the existing pillar.

Just thought I would make mention in case others with the 80-82 try to look into the same pillar pod.