Skip to main content
Topic: All-Ford Carlisle June 2-4 (Read 10953 times) previous topic - next topic

All-Ford Carlisle June 2-4

Reply #16
Yeah, I don't know where I'll be staying. It'll be my dad and I so I don't care where and I don't think he does either.
I just don't want to pay a rediculous rate for a room.

Reply #17
what hotels did people stay at last year?

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MDTHHHF

It's a little far at 20 something miles, but they have a parking garage.  I may stay at this one this year:http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hd/mdtdt
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #18
I agree with Steve, I think we should all stay at the same hotel.  Would be kinda cool.
One 88

Reply #19
Ok everyone who has made reservations and who hasnt? What hotel? Its getting a little late so everyone needs to get this going...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #20
My car is pre-registered. The TC will be there in its dented up and peeling form.

As for hotel? Fugg it, ill sleep in my car, or crash on a floor.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #21
Any hotels yet? I checked on hotels.com and every hotel is like 130 a night! I think I may just set up the good ol' tent!

Reply #22
, the Ford Nationals have snuck up on me outta nowhere!  I was there last year and I had a blast.  Gotta do it again this year.

Chris
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #23
I know I thought it was later... June 2 is like almost here! I wish I would have seen Wills post last week. I just stumbled upon this today and was shocked! How close is the campground located? And once you enter your car are you allowed to drive it out of the fairgrounds to lets say go to a hotel or do you have to keep it there all weekend? I'm about 95% sure I'll be staying at their campgrounds (now wherever it is)

Reply #24
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
And once you enter your car are you allowed to drive it out of the fairgrounds to lets say go to a hotel or do you have to keep it there all weekend?

Yes, you are allowed to leave the grounds with your car. It does not stay there overnight. I think the only ones that do stay are the ones in the buildings or the ones that are part of displays.
You get a window sticker that marks you as a partint and gets you back in when you leave.

I still have to look for a hotel. I just haven't had the time to really discuss it with my dad.

Reply #25
From what time to what time is the show...
Such as when do you come in and when do you leave?

Reply #26
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
From what time to what time is the show...
Such as when do you come in and when do you leave?

I think its pretty much when you want. When I went, I think I got in around 10am saturday and I left around 6pm. Some people were leaving 3 and 4pm. Sunday is fairly open. Show up if you want, leave when you want and you can almost park wherever you want. Especially after the parade and awards which finishes up around 3pm, I think. Then its just a matter of when you want to leave. Everyone about darts out after the raffle.

Reply #27
Just booked a room.
I'll be staying at the Super 8 Motel. Rate is $80 per night since my dad can get the senior discount :giggle:
The motel is less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds. It's not bad so if anyone wants to set up reservations there the address is...

Super 8 Motel - Carlisle /North
1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone- 717-249-7000

Reply #28
If you haven't already, stop on over here and check out the Ford Nats threads.

http://www.carlisleforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I'm preregistered and will probably commute 2 days to Carlisle.  Gotta save my room $$ for the Power Tour.

Reply #29
Quote from: 5.0willgo
Just booked a room.
I'll be staying at the Super 8 Motel. Rate is $80 per night since my dad can get the senior discount :giggle:
The motel is less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds. It's not bad so if anyone wants to set up reservations there the address is...

Super 8 Motel - Carlisle /North
1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
Phone- 717-249-7000

I'd like to go but I am having a hard time justifying over $300 for that weekend.
It seems the rooms are 120 to 130 per night, then car is 35 - that's practically 300 bucks before gas or anything else.
Gas and admission really isn't my hang-up, it's those  room rates for BFE PA.  I wonder how many of us we can cram into one room.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]