Skip to main content
Topic: Adding intermittent wipers (Read 1180 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding intermittent wipers

What all would I need to do so? Also did intermittent have a mist function?
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

Reply #1
as far as I know its all in the collom.

I swapped the steering colum fomit another year car and all the wires plugged right in on my old 86

what do you want for your old one? I'm sure I can find you one in the junkyard around here
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
You need to replace the wiper switch on the steering column.
You need to add the wiper interval governor module.
The cable from the governor will plug into your new switch.
The cable you unplugged from your old switch (C300) will plug into the pigtail on the governor.

Reply #3
That is a great idea. And rather simple mod. But in my case i do not have wipers on any of my Built cars. I know i will be slammed for this comment but it is TRUE. I do not have wipers or the hardware either. It is all removed. Naturally my daily drivers do,. Once again great mod as intermittent wipers are a must for a daily driver. Good write up!!

:toilet:
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #4
Where can I get the Interval Governor?

X

Reply #5
I'd like to know where to get one too. Maybe someone has some laying around? lol
Dealerships don't have them anymore. So far, no auto parts place I've checked can get them anymore.
Does anyone know if a Mustang wiper interval governor will work?
It seems like you can get anything for a Mustang.