Skip to main content
Topic: wire harness for 88 cougar (Read 1699 times) previous topic - next topic

wire harness for 88 cougar

does any body have the complete wire harness to an 87/88 cougar 3.8 v6??
 i need the harnesses under the hood all the way threw the firewall connected tothe fuse box and all the harnesses that plug in behind the dash

Reply #1
I have the harness from under the hood, computer to where vit connects to the dash harness from an 88 v6. I have a complete under dash harness from an 87 v8. Maybe the engine harness would help?

Reply #2
Quote from: jpc647;262982
I have the harness from under the hood, computer to where vit connects to the dash harness from an 88 v6. I have a complete under dash harness from an 87 v8. Maybe the engine harness would help?

i think the 88 v6 is what i need do u have any pics??

Reply #3
Yeah I'll get one for you this afternoon.

Reply #4
thnx

Reply #5
If he doesn't have an '88 V6 harness, I've got 2 of everything.
Engine harness, all of it.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;263088
If he doesn't have an '88 V6 harness, I've got 2 of everything.
Engine harness, all of it.

do u have pics?

Reply #7
does either one of the harnesses u have have the connectors under the hood and run through the fire wall with the rubber boot and have the fuse box connected the the connector that connects to the light switch and radio and a/c and all the other things behind the dash.. its one long harnesses with all these things on it.. if so then thats what im looking for

Reply #8
You don't need the one that goes from the computer of the passenger side kick panel over to the firewall on the other side(running through the engine bay)?

Reply #9
i honestly dont know i just know the basics i know its a long set of wires that start under the hood and connect to like 6 harnesses and a ring that goes on the solinoid and it goes through the firewall with the little rubber thing around the wires wich seals the hole and the wires run through that hole into the car i think they enter the car somewhere by the break pedal or steering column. then it keeps running and connects to the ignition,headlight switch,speedometer,fuse box,radio,a/c-heat,cig lighter and the two buttons in the glove box that opens the fuel door and trunk, so basically everything on the dash, but its all one long set of wires,

Reply #10
This may be a dumb question, and only if you taped the wires, but will the car start anymore?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #11
right now it wont because i took all the old wire harness out but the 5.0 one i got from the yard i tried matching up the color coded wires and connecting my 3.8 harnesses under the hood with the colors that matched the 5.0 and now the head lights reverse light clock blinkers and acouple of other things work but the car wont start it sounds like its about to start but it dosnt turn over thats why im looking forthe 3.8 harness so i can just connect tha harnesses where they go and everythng would be fixed

Reply #12
I'll try to get the harness out tomorrow (today, rather) and snap some pics for you. It's completely undamaged in any way.

Just to verify that I have exactly what you need:
You want/need ONLY the engine harness?
or ALL the wiring from the dash AND engine, headlights, injector harness?

I can't say w/o looking at the rest of the wirieng if it's any good, but I AM 100% certain that the 3.8 engine harness IS all intact and NO broken wires.

I'll PM you with my email addy tomorrow, and send you or link you to some pics, I have a dr appt tomorrow for my son, but I will have some time before that to tinker I think. I'll let you know...:D

PS...is your 3.8 car an '87, or an '88?
The reason I ask is that there's a world of difference between the 2 years, as '87 3.8 engines were cfi (throttle body) injection, and the '88 version was multi-point injection.

If you have an '87 I don't have what you need, if you have an '88 though...well, you're golden..lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #13
thnx and i need the wires for dash, engine, headlights but when i took all my wires out they were all connected.. so are yours all one piece or are they several diffrend pieces. i think what i need is in one piece with several connectors for everything under the dash and a couple that connect to harneses in the steering column and the fuse box and all the other things i named.. am i making any since? becuase i dont really know how to explain it. my camera is acting up but im going to try to take pix

Reply #14
Dude you need help from one of us on here, like in PERSON.