Skip to main content
Topic: wireing disaster (Read 9017 times) previous topic - next topic

wireing disaster

Reply #75
Quote from: softtouch;262873
I don't think the cable harnesses all have specific names. Describing where they go, like you did,is about all you can do.

The rubber firewall grommet is to keep poisonous engine bay gasses from getting into the cabin.

How bad is the old harness? Are any of the connectors damaged?
How many wires are burned up?
Maybe you can fix what you have.
Are any of the wires that went to the headlight switch burned up?

well the whole fuse box is melting on the old one i have but i got a new one but it goes to a 5.0 motor is ther any way i can clip the 5.0 connectors and trace down the wires and wire the connectors from my 3.8 harness?

wireing disaster

Reply #76
Sorry, didn't know what harness you needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

wireing disaster

Reply #77
its cool dude i dont even know what harness i need lol

wireing disaster

Reply #78
Quote from: 17needhelp;262874
well the whole fuse box is melting on the old one i have but i got a new one but it goes to a 5.0 motor is ther any way i can clip the 5.0 connectors and trace down the wires and wire the connectors from my 3.8 harness?

Is the fuse box the only thing that is burned up?

wireing disaster

Reply #79
no couple of wires also

wireing disaster

Reply #80
Quote from: 17needhelp;262874

The 3.8 and 5.0 fuse boxes are the same.
I don't know what your skill level is as for wiring and using a meter.

wireing disaster

Reply #81
If  you could get some pics of the harnesses you are needeeing it may help man
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII