Skip to main content
Topic: signal wire for the O2 sensors? (Read 964 times) previous topic - next topic

signal wire for the O2 sensors?

which wire is it in the computer harness?  I have an autometer air fuel ratio gauge and I need to know the pin number so I can hook up to the sensor.  Thanks.

Reply #1
Grey with yellow stripe is the heater wire is all i remember.
DG/P is the left side o2 and DB/LG is the right side according to my EVTM.

Reply #2
how did you have this hooked up Chris?  Which wire did you tap into?

I got a spot for the power and ground, just need to get a signal wire figured out.

Thanks man.

Reply #3
Found the wire by measuring the voltage while the car was running with my volt meter,when you find the wire under 1 volt that fluctuates she's your wire.
Should be easy to find the two wires at the eec with the colors i gave ya.

Reply #4
1987 5.0 EEC pin 29 RH EGO, pin 43 LH EGO
1984 5.0 EEC pin 29 (84 only has one)

Reply #5
so from the sounds of it I have to chose a bank to monitor, so I guess I will take the right bank since that is where #1 is.

Thanks for the info guys, had my dad print off a page from Mitchell and it confirmed what you guys said.  Pin 29 is the one I will take.  Inatke swap is done, check the other post I have about it....

Edit:
Got the gauge hooked up, and from the looks of it I will be needing a fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator soon.  it stays in the safe zone during idle, but if I rev it to 3000rpm, it goes right to lean and stays there.  I will finish up and go for a test run and see what it does underload.