Skip to main content
Topic: Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle (Read 19749 times) previous topic - next topic

Cougar 40th Anniv @ Carlisle

Just received word from the CCOA:
I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am working on a CCOA Regional at the Carlisle All Ford Nats. It is going to be a Cougar 40th anniversary extravaganza! We'll have special billing in all of their literature, some Cougars in building T, and all our cars on display outside of building T. More details to come, pass the word! We'll need ALL years of Cougar present to put on a good show!

I would HIGHLY recommend this for all Cougar owners if you can make it. We need to have a good showing for the Fox and MN12 Cougars...especially with such good parking spots. ;)

More details posted as I get them. Thanks!

Reply #1
Yay!
One 88

Reply #2
I highly recommend the show. If you have never been to Carlisle you will be amazed. We went to the 50th tbird event there and to see one of every year all in a row is quite impressive. Also to look out over the grounds and see all of the Fords is amazing.

Reply #3
Cool !!

You have just given me the shot in the arm needed to get my car put back together.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #4
Quote from: EricCoolCats;108448
Just received word from the CCOA:

I would HIGHLY recommend this for all Cougar owners if you can make it. We need to have a good showing for the Fox and MN12 Cougars...especially with such good parking spots. ;)

More details posted as I get them. Thanks!

Looks like this is about an 8 hour drive for me - that's doable.

When is this event usually held?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #5
Quote from: Cougar5.0;108459
Looks like this is about an 8 hour drive for me - that's doable.

When is this event usually held?

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ford/index.asp

and ha! 8 hour drive :grinno:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=nw&go=1&r=f&aoh=&aot=&aof=&2a=%5b2700%2d2788%5d%20SPRING%20RD&2c=CARLISLE&2s=PA&2z=17013&2n=spoogeBERLAND%20COUNTY&2y=US&2l=SAGwx48nImB477Up9oeA0Q%3d%3d&2g=pLFYOLd1U79mtA3%2b0gkgAg%3d%3d&2v=STREET&1a=3730%20MAX%20PL&1c=BOYNTON%20BEACH&1s=FL&1z=33436%2d2034&1y=US&1l=BYUxdhJc1Yc63YbwruNopw%3d%3d&1g=pT5aGhwS7cwMHdwZBV7WMQ%3d%3d&1pn=&1pl=&1v=ADDRESS&1ffi=&1ex=&1n=PALM%20BEACH%20COUNTY
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #6
You have just given me the shot in the arm needed to get my car put back together.

Brent, that's great news...it will be great to finally meet up with you! What are you doing to your car anyway?

Reply #7
I can say from experience there will be cars from all over the US and Canada there. I now drive about 5 and a half hours to get there but when I was living in West Palm Beach I would fly to Pit and drive about 2 hours east to Carlisle. If you plan on attending find a hotel soon as you know, they vanish quickly

Carlisle

Reply #8
I may have to finish my MN-12 and bring them both since Cougars will be in the spotlight next year!
Stroked and Blown
[SIGPIC]

Reply #9
Yay!!
I will be there. I have two cars and at least one will be there. I don't care if it is running or not. I'll trailer it and push it through the fairgrounds.

Reply #11
I plan on attending for the 40th.. my first carlisle experience..

Reply #12
June 1-3 2007.

Alex you'll love it. It gets a bit overshadowed by the over abundance of Mustangs but it's still a great event. The swap meet is great too, I got a couple doors and some other stuff this past show.

So not to sound crazy but where do you all plan on staying? Since we'll have a larger crowd this year maybe stay at the same place?

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats;108475
Brent, that's great news...it will be great to finally meet up with you! What are you doing to your car anyway?

Eric,

I am looking forward to meeting you too and checking out your convertible.
My car has been out of commission for some time now. What started as a just valve stem seal and cam replacement over the winter turned into a full engine rebuild with lots of internal mods.  A full suspension rebuild with a 8.8 swap. Just too much stuff to list but it will remain stock "looking" and will take an "expert" to pick out the mods.

Currently the car is without engine or trans. I’m in need of a set of Mark VII hood springs and or hinges and then the engine compartment will be painted and I can start re-assembly.
My major issue will be that since I have detailed everything under the car that I won’t want to drive it to PA and get caught in the rain but oh well, I don’t intend it to be a trailer queen so I will just have a cleaning job to do when I get back home.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #14
Quote from: blknredcougar;108490
We Need Date's For Days Off

June 1-3, 2007. 

Go there.  Drink beer.  Forget to turn off Eric's E-brake.  Have fun.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L