Skip to main content
Topic: Radio question (Read 1469 times) previous topic - next topic

Radio question

how would I find out what radio my Cougar originally had? Mine's pretty basic, so I know it was one of the lower end radios.
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

Radio question

Reply #1
My mom found out some stuff with her 85 tbird by having the vin number ran, I think she actually called a ford 800 number and talked with someone.

Radio question

Reply #2
Ford used to offer what was called a 999 Report at no charge by calling an 800 number, however that service is no longer available for free.

They have changed the name of the report to "Build Sheet" and they now charge a fee for the service.

There are also two styles available now. A "Basic", currently priced at $17.00; and a "Deluxe" that also includes production figures for $40.00.
Go to http://www.shopfordgear.com and in the search box at the top, enter "build sheet".

I will forewarn you about spending the extra money on the Deluxe report. Currently the only production figures that are provided on the Deluxe report for our cars are the total production for the entire line. That's quite a premium for only one extra line of information.

Examples of Basic and Deluxe reports.

XX
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built