Skip to main content
Topic: valve covers (Read 1704 times) previous topic - next topic

valve covers

i went to buy a pair of valve coversand they didnt fit because the part were u put the oil in it was towards the throttle so it didnt fitwhich ones dod i need to buy

Re: valve covers

Reply #1
First what year is your car, what engine is it, this will help when trying to answer a question.

Reply #2
Well first of all, the valve covers that you purchased are the ones for the CFI motors. The ones that will fit are the FRPP, and of those will work, but it has to be for 87-93's. If you don't want to do that, you can but a spacer, which basically spaces the upper intake ( you'll need at least a 1 in' or 3/8 will do). Also there should be 1 hole on each valve cover. The one on the drivers side is that one to use, you don't need to worry about the one by the throttle.

Reply #3
huh...ive got some valve covers from a carbed 302. they are aluminum and say powered by ford. i was going to use them on my car but thought you couldnt because they would cause a vaspoogee leak or whatever. both sides are the same and would put the hole on the back of the engine on the passenger side. i figure ill have to reuse my old stock ones instead.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
Shame has tons of stuff. But when you send him a PM that you want it he ignores you... :dunno:

Reply #5
yup, i never check pms...and usually dont have too much time to screw around on the computer. and no i still dont have any pics of the seats, hence....no response
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~