Skip to main content
Topic: Painting my cougar (Read 4091 times) previous topic - next topic

Painting my cougar

Well I'm almost ready to have my car painted I just need to decide on some colors. I want to go with a two tone paint job but I can't decide what colors to use. I'm thinkin silver and some other color. Any suggestions would help. Oh its an 87 and the interior is blue. the new smilies are way better  :flame: I'll post some pix as soon as i take some.

Re: Painting my cougar

Reply #1
silver and black, or silver and a nice blue would look good IMO

Reply #2
What kind of scheme are you looking at?  Have you done any drawings?

Reply #3
Quote from: bq93
Have you done any drawings?

good point, you should try photoshopping something, or come up with a sketch, and have one of us photoshop it for u

Reply #4
Well, I would suggest pearl white or almond above the molding and metallic gold under the molding if you had a tan interior.

Here you go, I took this pic of my white XR-7 before I bought it.  I figured it would be easy to work with in an image-editing program so you could try different colors.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #5
I would have to say:
Sparkling silver metallic with Dodge Viper GTS blue..

At first I wasn't going to use silver. my original plan was pearl white, but then when I went to buy the paint and flipping through the book the silver just jumped out at me, compared it beside the viper blue and I knew that was the perfect 2 tone combination..

Reply #6
Here are the pix. Feel free to photoshop these if anyone wants to.

Reply #7
They didn't attach, if that's what you were trying.

Reply #8
Woah!!! Low Cat indeed. :)
The Birdman wouldn't lie!

Reply #9
Well i think i have narrowed it down. I either want a two tone blue and silver or all black. Now i just need to decide where i want to break up the colors at. I am thinking at the molding like cougars 2 go or at the upper body line. Anyone have any opinions?

Reply #10
But nobody would expect a tan cat in a race =)

Reply #11
Or two tone brown :)
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #12
Quote from: Rwolf
But nobody would expect a tan cat in a race =)

Thats true but I don't think the ol' 3.8 is going to allow that.
3.8= :barf:
5.0= :D

Reply #13
Two-tone blue and silver is *close* to what I had in mind for my Bird.. but I was thinking dark charcoal for the bottom color instead. Also thinking of mixing in some gray/silver in the interior. Then again, the blue of my Bird might not be the blue you had in mind.. heh.

Maybe one of these days I can coerce one of the people here who are far better with Photoshop-type programs than I am into changing the latest pic of my Bird into that color scheme. Might give you all some ideas.. might steer you away, too. :D

Reply #14
I don't even have photoshop. If I did I would have tried, but I am thinking a light colored silver on the bottom half and a dark metalic blue on the top half of the car.