Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Restoration (Read 33443 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior Restoration

Reply #15
Quote from: lakenheath24;337749
I gotta figure out how to re-cover the visors.  I painted all the interior pieces today, but I am waiting to put it all together cuz I have decided to but a 6 point bar inside.

the material just wraps around 1 side and pushes into the slot on the outer edges
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Interior Restoration

Reply #16
some more pics
carpet is in ans some dash stuff painted. Oh, and I ordered an 8 pt cage from Jegs!!!!!!!!  Always wanted a 5pt harness and a cage.

Interior Restoration

Reply #17
Wow, pretty quick progress.  Any hard-to-replace parts break along the way?
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Interior Restoration

Reply #18
Nice work so far. Are you going to do something with the glove box door? Did you install sound proofing on the roof? I just installed it everywhere. It made a great difference.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Interior Restoration

Reply #19
Nice work!  One of these days I'm going to redo my interior.

That black you went with looks very nice.  It will be an oven in the summer, though (my 'stang has black interior).
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Interior Restoration

Reply #20
These threads make me glad all I have to do is replace the carpet at some point and install a dash top.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Interior Restoration

Reply #21
Well, several pieces have broken tabs, so they arent pristine, but most are hidden.  What I found with the dash cap is that you have to trim the speaker covers to make them fit.  Just waiting on my roll bar now and I will finish up, as everything is painted.  I need to redo the seats and door panels, so that may be awhile. I dyed the backseat, but hate the texture it leaves.

Interior Restoration

Reply #22
Looking forward to see the cage inside, i have plans for a cage in my own 87 T-Bird. Do you or anyone else know if a Mustang cage can be used in a T-Bird? Im thinking of a bolt-in cagefor my car....

Vegar

Interior Restoration

Reply #23
I would think that the interior cabin would be longer than a Stang's by 5 or 6 inches.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Interior Restoration

Reply #24
Idk about you, but I think white face gauges would look awesome in that black interior....
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Interior Restoration

Reply #25
OH yeah, I got my eye on a set of phantom gauges.  I want to get a set of mechanical gauges set against black plastic.  I an gonna replace the clock with one as well.  Hopefully these pics are more clear...

Interior Restoration

Reply #26
more

Interior Restoration

Reply #27
I just mocked these pieces in temporarily.

Interior Restoration

Reply #28
Couple of cage pics.  I've never done this before so gonna take my time.  How much gap should there be between the hoop and roof?  My concern is how to weld on the rear braces and not burn up the headliner.  I'm not sure if I can even remove it beforehand and get it back in.

Interior Restoration

Reply #29
more