Skip to main content
Topic: Champion Fiberglass, and the hoods they make...*Big update. Pictures 3/6/11* (Read 13281 times) previous topic - next topic

Champion Fiberglass, and the hoods they make...*Big update. Pictures 3/6/11*

Are pretty decent. I ordered mine last week, the 3" cowl hood, and it just arrived today.  :D

I baked it at 140* for 1 Hour as per instructions, and hopefully tomorrow I can get it test-fitted.

I asked the owner how it would come out, and he said it wasn't their best mold, but it would definitely work.  I would say he's right just by looking at it. The site says a partially finished liner, and it definitely looks acceptable to me.

As an aside, he mentioned that they used to be quite popular, but now he only gets 1-2 orders every three months...

Will update with fitment and prep as it happens.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #1
Nice looking hood. Keep us posted with it when paint is applied.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
how the hell did you bake it, and how is an everyday person supose to be able to do that?

Reply #3
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;327681
how the hell did you bake it, and how is an everyday person supose to be able to do that?

Good question.I'd guess with a heat lamp or something.Shouldn't the maker of the hood handle that before they sell them,though?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Why does it need to be baked? I don't understand.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #6
It was so hot today... I could have just left it on the driveway...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Quote from: kitz kat;327701
why does it need to be baked? I don't understand.

x2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Nicely done Eric! Yes, I could have just left it outside, but I happen to have access to an oven that big, so I figured what the hell. And today, 95* feels like it's baking outside.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #10
Very cool.  I wonder if and what the shipping is to Canada?  May have to call them and see.

Reply #11
Too much. Have to include border fees too.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #12
SWEET!!! I have been highly considering one of those myself, and now I know I want it. Lets see how it looks when you get it on!:grinno:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats;327709
http://www.championhoods.com/hoodprep.html

They spelled it "Couger" :(
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #14