Skip to main content
Topic: Paint -- Finally. (Read 8605 times) previous topic - next topic

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #15
Quote from: mcb82gt;327114
Black Cougars are simply amazing.

Dang straight. Black cats rock ...

And to think this bugger weighs 16 pounds, now. The cat, the cat, my step-boy wei....well, I don't know what he weighs, but the cat's @ 16lbs :D
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #16
Quote from: daminc;327100
Cool, will they let you take progress pics?

Yup. Step 1 will be pulling all glass.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #17
Cool, a full strip down. This is going to be a good thread to watch... And just in time as mine is finishing up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #18
Quote from: daminc;327128
Cool, a full strip down. This is going to be a good thread to watch...

Agreed. Keep us updated, sir!
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #19
Well paint can't come soon enough now......

The Cougar has been parked in my driveway for 4 days untouched now..... I went to work Tuesday night ( I've been taking the wife's car as she's home for the summer -- she's a teacher ).  I come home to find a small dent and a good amount of paint sed up along my driver side rear fender lip. 

This happened IN MY DRIVEWAY! 

The dent is small enough to where a dent removal guy can pull it, but the paint is bad where it got sed.  Not down to the metal.  In fact, the primer isn't even showing, but even a wet sand won't do much to save it.....

I picked up most of the materials today except the paint and clear.  I'll drop it all off with the car on Monday and hopefully take pictures about 2 or 3 times a week ;)
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #20
Quote from: V8Demon;327695
I come home to find a small dent and a good amount of paint sed up along my driver side rear fender lip. 

Someone has to pay!!!

And when you find him, remember that the wooden Louisville Sluggers make less noise than the metal ones.
13 Dodge Dart SXT Special Edition
09 Honda Shadow Sabre ---------- 08 Caliber
05 Aztek ---------- 02 Avalanche
02 Thunderbird (4,000 miles) ---------- 02 Cadillac ETC
98 Explorer ---------- 96 Suzuki X-90
89 Fleetwood ---------- 89 Continental
88 Town Car ---------- 86 Silverado ---------- 84 Fiero
83 Town Car ---------- 82 EXP (32,000 miles) ---------- 82 Mercury LN7
80 Mustang (35,000 miles) ---------- 65 Continental
62 Galaxie 500 ---------- 54 Packard

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #21
If it was gonna happen, it couldn't have happened at a better time so no real worries in that department.  I just had the dent removal guy come today to fix the crease in the Dodge Nitro that some kid apparently put there with his bike handlebars.

Last but not least was locking my keys in the Mustang last night.......

It's been a rough couple of days......my central air conditioner is kaput as well.  New one goes in tomorrow.  Had to get both the condenser and the blower as well as new lines and a new pan.......old one is R-22 refrigerant.  The new stuff is not compatible and the unit is older than I am......

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #22
sounds like the my house, you plan something on a budget and the universe starts breaking other stuff until it feels your budget is broke plus 100% more.

oh the joys of home ownership.

btw,, trane is the most cost effective unit around,, next up would be bard then the high end being a liebert.

I run a chill water system i made with a blower and an old car condensor (looks like a radiator?) mounted above it,, works just good enough to knock the edge off in the house.
100' of 1/2'' copper tubing burried under the house with a recirc pump dropped in a water storage container also burried.

we dont have enough days here to justify a real hvac system.

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #23
Where are you bringing it for paint?  I usually use Misner Auto Body in West Islip, but I think he hates me and my car by now...  He wants to repair dents, but I keep going to him for custom work.
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #24
Quote from: V8Demon;327695
I come home to find a small dent and a good amount of paint sed up along my driver side rear fender lip. 

This, and other reasons, is exactly why I believe in home surveillance cameras. I'm hoping that some cheap decent 720P digital power-over-Ethernet cameras appear in the next few years. I'm so tired of buttstuffog's limitations although it allows for much more digital compression options without doing it all twice and buttstuffog/vhs recording if you're into that type of thing.

Sorry to hear that :/
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #25
Good Luck on the paint job and keeps us up on the progress with some pic's

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #26
Quote from: Seek;327992
This, and other reasons, is exactly why I believe in home surveillance cameras. I'm hoping that some cheap decent 720P digital power-over-Ethernet cameras appear in the next few years. I'm so tired of buttstuffog's limitations although it allows for much more digital compression options without doing it all twice and buttstuffog/vhs recording if you're into that type of thing.

Sorry to hear that :/

sounds like he let it go like water off a ducks back, didnt really matter since body work is planned, although i agree with you 110%.

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #27
Quote from: jcassity;328040
sounds like he let it go like water off a ducks back, didnt really matter since body work is planned, although i agree with you 110%.

Yeah, not a big deal.  The dents can be pulled out.  The paint's getting re-done.  FWIW -- there's a good chance it was done via the landscaper -- total accident if so.

The car got dropped off today with all the supplies.  I have to drop off some parts I've been ding as well -- new scoops and some NOS tail lights to name a couple.

I would like a couple of other things as well.  I'll start a thread in the Wanted section for those....

Paint -- Finally.

Reply #29
Quote from: V8Demon;328086
I have to drop off some parts I've been ding as well -- new scoops and some NOS tail lights to name a couple.

what you doing with your old really, really, really, nice taillights?
[SIZE="1"]hint hint[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook