Skip to main content
Topic: would u fix it? (Read 6271 times) previous topic - next topic

would u fix it?

Reply #15

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

would u fix it?

Reply #16
yea doesnt seem safe but it worked. He braced the car from the trees with 4x4's and cranked on the spoogealong. Get it all pulled out.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

would u fix it?

Reply #17
No
Way
In
HELL
is that fixable
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

would u fix it?

Reply #18
I think you bent the frame dude.
I'm surprised the back window didn't blow out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #19
thats why i have to fix it the  thing saved my life. the pole was right next to a firehidron and and if is was just one foot closer to the door id be in the hostbile so i just cant junk it with out trying to save it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

would u fix it?

Reply #20
can you do bodywork?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #21
no i cant but i now how to weld i was 3rd in the state of michigan for mig welding in 07 of skill usa. i was thinking about takeing it to a shop or to my grandfathers house. i have seen a tc for sale by me that i could use for the parts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #22
well, first you need to have the frame pulled back.
Is you do all the prep work they need before, It'll save you a lot of $
you mainly need the drivers quarter and lid. and of course back lights.
They may want the drivers quarter taken off. and I would say the back glass.

if you have full quarters, you won't need to do body work.

jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #23
how much do u think it would cost to have a shop do it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #24
few thousand is my guess. Thats alot of work...
my $300 beater ;)

would u fix it?

Reply #25
i was think like 5g is what they are going to want but i have never had body work done befor so thats why im asking u guys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #26
more then its worth
you could find another and swap parts for much cheaper....
my $300 beater ;)

would u fix it?

Reply #27
Ultimately,it's up to you and your checkbook.Anything can be fixed if your pockets are deep enough.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

would u fix it?

Reply #28
ya i can get about 3g right now so i dont know lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #29
Get to the bodyshps and get some estimates.That's the only way to find out.Let us know what you find out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..