Skip to main content
Topic: Lets see your tailpipes (Read 5384 times) previous topic - next topic

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #15
Cougar50 how do you like those M/T tires I’m strongly leaning to buying them.
Assuming you don’t drive in the rain.
And what size are they.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #16
Quote from: slicksport88;197761
As requested  :D

Are those stock (well on Flowmaster tail pipes;) ) Mustang polished tips? If not where did you get 'em? I'm thinking those would look killer when I do my 2.5 cat back.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #17
Quote from: Innes;197787
Cougar50 how do you like those M/T tires I’m strongly leaning to buying them.
Assuming you don’t drive in the rain.
And what size are they.

I've used both 28" (225/60/15) & 26" (225/50/15) versions of those drag radials.

I love them - 1.6 second 60' times means dead-hooking off the line. And they are stable as a table @ 120 MPH at the top of the track. I just bought 295/45/17's for my new 17" x 9" wheels - I will drive on them full time - they are also great on the street (my car is forbidden from seeing rain.)
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #18
Quote from: thunderjet302;197790
Are those stock (well on Flowmaster tail pipes;) ) Mustang polished tips? If not where did you get 'em? I'm thinking those would look killer when I do my 2.5 cat back.....

I don't believe they were Mustang specific. I had my local exhaust shop order them for me. They measure 24" long by 2 1/2" diameter which is the longest they had .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #19
If anyone is stealing my idea,here's the quick instructions and best way.....

1.Remove the bumper cover
2.Remove the fiberglass bumper
3.Cut the outer lower corner (or the whole bottom depending on the tips) of the bumper mount off
4.Cut out the necessarry area of the fiberglass bumper to clear the tips
5.Re-install the bumper with the remaining 2 or 3 bolts per side
6.fit the tips on for a "dry run"
7.Using a wax pencil (it'll rub off of your paint with no damage),mark the plastic to be removed from the bumper cover.Start a little small and work your area larger.That way,you don't ruin the bumper cover.I used my Dremell and an Exacto knife with a number 11 blade(it actually cuts the plastic pretty easy,I use it for the "fine tuning)

note...this step can be done with the cover on the car and just keep fitting the tips into the notched area of the cover for an excellent fit.I'll help in any way I can

Last step.....Give Vinnie credit for all of the notched T-Bird bumper covers.LOL

I HOPE to have my new tips on asap.Prepare to be amazed !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #20
Quote from: slicksport88;197794
I don't believe they were Mustang specific. I had my local exhaust shop order them for me. They measure 24" long by 2 1/2" diameter which is the longest they had .

I'll have to check into that. Thanks:D  If you don't mind me asking how much did they run ya?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #21
Here's the best shot I could get. I don't think they're to visible though.
I think i've got too much wheel. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #22
Quote from: thunderjet302;197802
I'll have to check into that. Thanks:D  If you don't mind me asking how much did they run ya?

The price I paid was for the tips and for having them welded on, which ran me approx. $60-80.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #23
Quote from: slicksport88;197818
The price I paid was for the tips and for having them welded on, which ran me approx. $60-80.

That's not bad :D

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #24
There are some awesome tips on ebay.I like the ones with the rolled edges.It gives them a "finished" look (my opinion).You'll see.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #25
Vinnie,

Do you have a shot of the entire rear with both exhausts visible?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #26
Got flowmasters with mangaflow tips heres the pictures i could find really quick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #27
I'll check.I would take a new pic today,but,I cut off the Australian tips and enlarged the cutouts to make room for the new tips which are being welded on at 10:00 in the morning.Pics soon after.I'm going to check for a pic of the tips I had on.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #28
O.K.,remember,the car is going through bodywork and a lot more.Here are the Australian tips before I cut them off today.I really liked them,but the new ones fit the theme I'm going for.

Lets see your tailpipes

Reply #29
Looking good guys keep the pic coming really needing some side shots now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication