Skip to main content
Topic: New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo (Read 8379 times) previous topic - next topic

New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo

Reply #15
Gorgeous car.  Congrats!
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo

Reply #16
The temperature hasn't hit 50 since I bought the car (here it is May 1 and the temp only got to 48 today). Needless to say the heated seats have been getting a workout, but alas, not the cooling function.

Question: Anyone know when these cars went into production? Mine was built Sept '14. I have found info saying the new style went into production in late August or early September, and mine appears to be the 3744th off the line (if I'm reading the VIN right), so it seems to be an early one. The business manager at the Ford dealership said it was the first new-style GT they've sold, but this is Nova Scotia so that doesn't surprise me
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #17
I dunno when production started but the VIN are somewhat random, defiantly do NOT come off line by sequence of VIN... The VINs are assigned in sequence as orders come in, actual build are scheduled on a date when all components are supposed to be in stock... That said it could be 3789th or 3699th etc, likely within a couple hundred either way...

Dunno how many are built per day, no doubt depends on how many shifts are running... Assuming it was built at Dearborn Assembly, in the old days 500-700 was a good number... Assuming 600(that may be waaay off) per day and it was 3600, was built six days into production...

BTW the warranty cards used to have the scheduled date coded on to them, a date of 01J would have been 1st day Sept(numeric would be 1-30 days for Sept)... Still that doesn't mean it actually came down the assembly line on the assigned day, for various reasons can be built days early or late...

Reply #18
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;447559
And the cluster. Yes, that says "Ground speed". Cheesy, yes.

X

I think it's a cool way the designers showed props to the car's  heritage, what with being named after the P-51 Mustang
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #19
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;447619
I dunno when production started but the VIN are somewhat random, defiantly do NOT come off line by sequence of VIN... The VINs are assigned in sequence as orders come in, actual build are scheduled on a date when all components are supposed to be in stock... That said it could be 3789th or 3699th etc, likely within a couple hundred either way...

Dunno how many are built per day, no doubt depends on how many shifts are running... Assuming it was built at Dearborn Assembly, in the old days 500-700 was a good number... Assuming 600(that may be waaay off) per day and it was 3600, was built six days into production...

BTW the warranty cards used to have the scheduled date coded on to them, a date of 01J would have been 1st day Sept(numeric would be 1-30 days for Sept)... Still that doesn't mean it actually came down the assembly line on the assigned day, for various reasons can be built days early or late...

This car was built at Flat Rock.  It looks like it was built on Sept 15, 2014, based on the numbers at the bottom:
X
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;447631
This car was built at Flat Rock.  It looks like it was built on Sept 15, 2014, based on the numbers at the bottom:
X

Oh that's just great, built on my ex-wife's birthday... :punchballs:

Interesting one of my Mustang, Cobra, Shelby, Fairlane friends is also Sept 15...

Reply #21
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;447633
Oh that's just great, built on my ex-wife's birthday... :punchballs:

could be worse.....Try owning a car built on St. Patty's Day.  Everytime my Cougar gets a hair up it's ass I remember that this is in fact the assembly date.  March 17th, 1987....

My Mustang was built on Valentine's Day, 2005.

Carm, I'm assuming the price on the window sticker is in CAD, is this correct?    BTW, congrats on the purchase.  I was contemplating trading in the Focus and my Dodge Nitro for one.  We have 5 cars now and it's just me and the wife.....time to thin the herd a bit.....

Love the color too!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #22
Paul: That is CAD (and it's a few thousand more than what I paid). Or Canuck Buck is worth about 82 cents US now, and higher destination charges add up to paying more.  Here's a screenshot of the exact same car in US dollars based on a location of 04401 (Bangor, ME):

X

I did get one break though - my financing is at 1.9% for 72 months, versus the 5.9% offered in ME.

Reply #23
Took some more pics today. Today was the first time I saw the car in full sunlight, and I fell in love again. Unfortunately I had to work, so I had to take pictures with the sun low in the sky. My brother brought his 2012 V6 along, so we can have a direct comparison between the S197 and the S550:

X

X

X

Reply #24
moar pics:

X

X

X

Reply #25
And still more:

X

X

X

Reply #26
Nice side by side pics.  both cars look great.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #27
 guard looks great in the sun. I really like that color. Great choice :)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.