Skip to main content
Topic: New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo (Read 8378 times) previous topic - next topic

New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo

So I finally pulled the trigger. 2015 Mustang GT Premium, 6-speed, Option package 401A (essentially premium sound and a few other bits), Guard Metallic, ebony leather, 20" wheels, Nav & security. Took delivery yesterday, but it was dark so not good for pics. Took some pics today at work as well. Once the weather gets a little better I'll get some actual nice, car-in-sunlight pics, but for now here are some iPhone photos. I intend to put the car on my hoist on Sunday and get some underside pics for those of you who are curious about the underside of the new Stang...

First, the night I brought it home. First night in the driveway with its roommate:
X

Kinda cheesy, but cool anyway - it shines a pony on the ground:

X

And sitting in the employee parking lot at work, after its first commute:

X
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

New arrival (2015 Mustang GT) - Now with more pics and 2012 side-by-side comparo

Reply #1
Brought it inside the shop at lunch time to take some more pics (and to show it off to the Honda boys). A 5.0 Mustang in a shop full of Hondas. Truly a wolf among sheep. Or, more appropriately, a Coyote among sheep.

X

X

X
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
Aye. shaging Aye.

I'd give my left nut AND a kidney for one...same color, too. It's sharp.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
More:

X

X

X

Reply #4
Very nice

Reply #5
And the cluster. Yes, that says "Ground speed". Cheesy, yes.

X

But it could be worse. This is the information display in a Civic SI. Nobody does cheesy quite like the ricers:

X

Reply #6
Congrats!
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #7
Nice car.  I like it a lot.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #8
Gorgeous car!
...and there was light!

Reply #9
Now that's what I call an upgrade!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #10
Best of luck with it. Beautiful car!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Reply #11
Nice. Beautiful car :D. Is it your daily driver? I'm hoping you're not going to ruin it in the salt ;).

That Coyote gets up and goes doesn't it?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
No fear, this car will never see salt. It is my daily driver for summer, but will share that duty with the Pimp Sled (some days you feel like pimpin', some days you feel like racin'). My father's giving me one of those prefab plastic sheds (10X10) that I will be moving some of the  out of the garage to clear up the second bay for Mustang storage. This car will not be buried in snow like the Sled was!

And yes, that Coyote certainly does bark. I haven't really gotten on it yet because it's only got 200km on it (about 120 miles), but once it's broken in I shall thoroughly explore all 5 five liters of goodness...

Reply #13
I was hoping you weren't going to expose that car to the salt gods :).

You're car is pretty well broken in. I washiznitting 7000rpm in our '12 Mustang with 100 miles on the odometer ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #14
Wow! Congrats!
Excellent color choice too!

Have you played with the cooled seats yet? A little early in the season to appreciate them yet. After having those, I don't think I can buy another car that doesn't have cooled seats.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built