Skip to main content
Topic: A few Capri Pics (Read 2697 times) previous topic - next topic

A few Capri Pics

Since I'm bored tonight, I thought I would throw up a few Capri pictures with this years combo, Appearance wise, it got a new glass hood, and I changed everything under the rear of the car to get a little more tire (and pro-stars)  ;) Car is washed, waxed, and ready ot race. Unfortunately, it rained out last weekend, and it's not looking good for this one ;)

Alsoo got the car ready for the next round of upgrades. Car is officially tied together as best I can make it, and still be a street car.

I love the Maximum Motorsports bar, took the door bars out, and I've driven it to work every day this week.

Bob Myers

A few Capri Pics

Reply #1
nice capri
needs moar bubble though:hick:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

A few Capri Pics

Reply #2
WooHoo!  Go Capri Go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

A few Capri Pics

Reply #3
NICE CAPRI!  What year is it? '85?

funny you should post that, as I finally spent some time on my capri today, for the first time since winter hit.

A few Capri Pics

Reply #4
That car MOVES!!
Likes to eat turbos though huh bob? I still got that picture of the turbo you toasted last year when I was at the track. That thing launched pretty good then, looks to me like it will launch even better now!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

A few Capri Pics

Reply #5
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;215329
What year is it?

Its an 84, original RS Turbo car. 84 was the last year for turbo's in the Capri's.

Quote from: daboss351;215356
Likes to eat turbos though huh bob?

That problem is solved ;) It should hook a little better now, we will see if the weather either holds off, or moves through, for this weekend. Should be able to launch with about 500 more RPM and hook it :D

Bob Myers

A few Capri Pics

Reply #6
Needs More Cowbell.

shagy!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

A few Capri Pics

Reply #7
God to hear that thing hit the rev limiter is a sound to hear!! This summer you will see me at the track, in my 66, gonna throw in the subframes, my lincolns wheels and tires, new gears, the 4 speed, and see what I can run in it! Might get a few runs of the lincoln to see what it does with the AOD as opposed to the T-5 i will be putting in!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

A few Capri Pics

Reply #8
Hey bob do you still visit the forum?? Im in Blairsville at wyotech, and figure ill see you around when it gets warm again at the track!
my $300 beater ;)

A few Capri Pics

Reply #9
Quote from: daboss351;301722
Hey bob do you still visit the forum?? Im in Blairsville at wyotech, and figure ill see you around when it gets warm again at the track!

I stop in here every now and then, not as much as I used to. I must have been subscribed to this thread to get the notification ;)

Good to hear you are in the area. For sure give me a yell when warm weather rolls around. I'm at the track most every TnT wether I run or just hang out. I've cut way back on the local race days as I've been trying to get to as many NMRA, UMTR, and various Ford races as I can make. Still get out there to race maybe two weekends a month anyway :D

Here is a "pictre of a picture" from Columbus....

And a snip from a video ...

The Capri is getting "done" so I picked up another project ...

:burnout:

A few Capri Pics

Reply #10
Hi Bob, I didn't realize you where here as well. Are you going to make that lil' wagon as radical as the Capri? That thing is just awsome! Do you know if the mag. came out yet that covered it? I'm not sure which Mustang mag it was but they took pics. of my bird in the show and I'm really hoping it get in.

A few Capri Pics

Reply #11
Nice Capri! It would look great with halo headlamps like mine! ;)

A few Capri Pics

Reply #12
Great looking Capri,kinda anxious to see what you do with the Pinto wagon. Might see you at PRP sometime next season.

A few Capri Pics

Reply #13
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;301830
Hi Bob, I didn't realize you where here as well. Are you going to make that lil' wagon as radical as the Capri? That thing is just awsome!

Thanks! the Pinto will be all out (still 2.3), the Capri is just a little street car ;)

Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;301830
Do you know if the mag. came out yet that covered it? I'm not sure which Mustang mag it was but they took pics. of my bird in the show and I'm really hoping it get in.

I'm not sure, I talked with the guy from 5.0 and Super Fords for a while , and know MM&FF was there. The mags with columbus coverage have been coming out but I've not seen anything yet.

Quote from: Watchdevil;301832
Nice Capri! It would look great with halo headlamps like mine! ;)

Interesting, never really thought about those. might need to look at it  :D

Quote from: tbird66;301858
Great looking Capri,kinda anxious to see what you do with the Pinto wagon. Might see you at PRP sometime next season.

Cool, i'm there lot :burnout:

A few Capri Pics

Reply #14
looking for a 2.3 motor???
and sweet bob glad to see your still around and ripping on that capri!! Finally gonna start on my dads birdy soon I think, since I'm fox less.
Need a hand on that pinto? your not far from me at all, and this place is friggen BORING.
my $300 beater ;)