Skip to main content
Topic: new engien install photos and video (Read 1581 times) previous topic - next topic

new engien install photos and video

after about 2.5 years of saving and collecting parts i finally tool the time to remove my old engine that i bought for 100 bucks in January 2002 that was sitting on John marshals's garage floor for two years, and been in two different cars of mine that has been knocking horribly for the past two years AND install my fully rebuild engine
new parts were chuck w mounts, speed pro pistons .030 over, new aux bearsing, reman crankshaft kit, ranger roller cam, full motorcraft tune-up, complete stainless coolant lines form forced 4, NOS clutch and pressure plate, new throw out and input shaft bearings, mildly clean intake ports on head, new timing belt and other odds and end the past two weeks, it was strted at 6:30 on Thursday night.
i have put about 250 miles since Friday morning  and never driving a TC with such a strong RPM torque, im so happy the way it turns out, here are some pictures and the initial start of the engien with no accessories and me guessing on ignition timing, and it starts right up (i primed the engien before it started). this was my first full engien rebuild, i did bearing changes and such before, but never new pistons and rings, all done by me, with assistance form a few friends and my family

Bare bay

Mild porting

Quick spray job on the brackets(and half of the garage)

including the car

woo pretty!

almost ready!

Goin in!

Like a glove

wooo...just need accessories and intake back on

Success!

Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #1
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Gotta love our engines and how thier valvetrain is louder than open exhaust :D
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #3
Well, i think you found the noise under the hood.  You forgot to remove your grease monkey from under there!  Its like leaving a rag in the intake!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #4
In some of those pics it looks like your greae monkey is "monkey humping" your engine.I'll bet your new engine feels violated.LOL.Glad you got it running.Now,where's the gratuitous burnout shot?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Looks good:D

Remember to throw a tarp over the car before painting next time;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
yea it runs great, that me in the pictures and now im not humping the engine it just easier for me to be in the engine compartment then stretching my back to reach some of the stuff,
i should have humped my engine cuz its so pretty and it wont ever talk back, lol
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #7
looks great, man!  you've just motivated me to go out and work on my  tomorrow.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #8
Great Job!  You should be very proud of yourself.

TED

Reply #9
Nice ride and its good you saved up and got all the parts and did you do most the work yourself? I will have to watch the video when i can turn the sound up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #10
Pic # 5 = PIG IN A BLANKET!:hick:

Looks good mang!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
turboranger: my sis-in-law tarama told me once she got her garage cleaned out(there business closed and had massive freezers and ovens and quiznos stuff in there) to bring it over. and i forgot and wasn't thinking about ti til she told me the Sunday before i brought it down, she was there with me the first 3 nights getting the engine out and she motivated me me to get it done as i been wining about it since the beginning of this past summer. so im glad i can help motivate ya, after i get  ful break in i do a vids of the car and get you even more motivated!
cad-tbird: thanks!
carpimp: i did 99% of the work myself. i had the block bored and cleaned only thing i did do. but i work on car as my profession, but i mainly computer controlled diagnostics.
v8demon: yea, it looks just like one, haha pig in a blanket, i did the head work at work and brought it down in the bakc of my truck and didnt wan t it getting all scratched up
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash